Graphics card Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

shriekers

Broken In
what the difference in buying the graphics card from the main company or some other one

what i mean is like buying an ATi card what's the difference buying it from ATi or Asus or powercolor

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well i guess you are confused
the thing is
ATI is a CHIP making company
i.e it only makes the GPU-Graphics Processing Unit
the chip which is called 9800pro,Fx 5800 etc
while ASUS,Powercolor are companies which buy
that chip and the graphics board format from the company like ATI,NVIDIA
ATI or NVIDIA is diffrent from the Asus etc
asus etc assemble these cards and sell the cards
while buying a card you give more importance to the GPU then the company like ASUS
the best GPU's made are by Nvidia ,ATI etc
hope you get it now

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
techno_funky said:
while buying a card you give more importance to the GPU then the company like ASUS

:roll: not entirely true buddy....good brands do make a difference...
like heating for eg. ..
according to u...>>

install a ferrari engine in a bullock cart....!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

engine is a nice GPU but what abt the company???.....will bullock cart be able to handle ferrari's engine???

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yaaa The Company matter a Lot. For Example XFX which is affidated to Nvidia have their 6600Gt and 6800Gt 100Mhz clocked as against another Manufacturers. ( And Still the room for oveclocking is still the same )
And in Cases tough the Chipset or GPu may be same but the company of the Ram used on the card may differ.
Like a Samsung Ram has better Overclocking capablity that PQI used on Cards..
Then there is Heat Sink Difference and Ram Heat sink too...
Ultimately weather overclocking or not ...a Company does make a lot of difference to the Card..

Geforce

Journeyman
Well ATI also make graphics cards using their chip like other manufacturer and are marked as BBA (Built-By-ATI) but these are hard to find in India.

These are only available in Canada and few other countries. As far as the comparison b/w the manufacturers is concerned, i think i depends to some extent ... not that greate a difference.

It is what you are looking for. If you r an overclocker you are better off buying an ASUS or Gainward.

If price matters to you then go for Inno3D or XFX.

It mainly depends on the quality of other components (capacitors, RAM chips, etc) which realy make sense if you want to stress them (overclock them).

Performance wise there is not much of a difference if they follow the reference designs by NVIDIA and ATI which they do by all means today.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
lol i missed words there
i meant he needs to see tht the card has a good gpu which is important
yaa ofcorse the card brand is what you need to look as well

gamefreak14

Journeyman
I beg to differ....The brand of the card does not dictate FPS in any game...Yes, 'overclockability' to a huge extent, but per4mance wise..you might lose probably by 4-5FPS. I've owned a TNTM64, Geforce 2, Geforce 4MX and now on an FX5200. The MX was the only branded one I bought, and I didn't see any huge per4mance diff from other brands or generic taiwanese makes.
So the point is...don't go for an ASUS when you can make do with an XFX or so...Often, these unknown brands outperform the others. You will never gain much in the long run, other than ofcourse, bragging rights. :wink:

OP
S

shriekers

Broken In
Hey i don't wanna start a fight here but which do you suggest i buy a nVidia 6800Ultra or a Radeon X800 XT PE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom