graphic card stopped working completely after atipcie.sys error

grv750

Broken In
hey guys......so today i decided to clean my computer and after i did that, i put all the components back in....i started it and started listening to some music.after about half an hour the speakers started making random noise and i noticed the system was frozen.
so i decided to restart it, but as soon as it got to the starting windows screen it just restarted , every time.........then i tried to use windows repair and the screen would just freeze at the loading files bar......i tried booting it into safe mode but it would get to "atipcie.sys" and freeze.

then after trying about 5-6 times, it stopped working altogether i.e it wouldn't even get to the bios part.....the screen just started showing no signal detected.....

then i removed the graphics card and connected the monitor to the motherboard.....and it started booting normally.

so is my graphics card dead or is it just some driver issue and what should i do now to solve it??
my card is sapphire hd6870.

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
yeah i'd do that.....but it's just that i'll need to travel a lot once i go down that road and i wanna avoid it as much as possible.so i wanna make sure first that it isn't some driver or a software issue....

and how long is the warranty period given by sapphire here in india ?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
AtiPcie.sys >> the Ati Chipset driver

It is a problem of ati-chipset drivers.

Boot into desktop without gpu and unistall the ati chipset drivers

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
would it re install the drivers automatically once i put the card back in or do i need to re install the drivers before inserting the card....?

OP
G

grv750

Broken In
problem solved :-D
i just decided to give the card a try again and booted my system into safe mode...somehow it went smoothly this time.went to the device manager and uninstalled the drivers and restarted the system.
system is running smoothly now......will update the drivers soon.
Btw thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated. :)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
problem solved :-D
i just decided to give the card a try again and booted my system into safe mode...somehow it went smoothly this time.went to the device manager and uninstalled the drivers and restarted the system.
system is running smoothly now......will update the drivers soon.
Btw thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated. :)

Thats good to hear :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah i'd do that.....but it's just that i'll need to travel a lot once i go down that road and i wanna avoid it as much as possible.so i wanna make sure first that it isn't some driver or a software issue....

and how long is the warranty period given by sapphire here in india ?

3 years .

BTW, nice to know that OP has solved the issue.

Top Bottom