graphic card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithya217

Broken In
have a pc with the following configuration.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Biostar TA690G AM2
Transcend 2^1 GB DDR2 800MHZ Ram
Viewsonic VA1912WB Monitor

the problem is i brought an XFX 8600GT 256mb gddr3 graphic card.when i put the card in pci-e slot and connect the monitor
to the card's dvi port,the monitor just stays blank saying no signal.i even changed the settings in bios like Initial display first to pci-e and even disabled the onboard graphics but still the problem persists but i can tell that the card is powered because it's fan starts running as soon as i switch the power on.what do i have to do to make the card detected?please help me!

OP
A

adithya217

Broken In
i finally figured out the problem.believe me it was the dumbest reason for all.so here goes

there was some transparent tape attached to that part of the card where it has to be fixed in the pci-e slot.i removed the tape from the bottom and fixed it in the pci-e slot.now it works wonders.but i have one more doubt:is 65 c normal temperature for this card?

OP
A

adithya217

Broken In
thanks for the help guys and my card does not cross 75 c when playing a game.(FEAR,1024x768,All settings max).does the temperature in the cabinet depend on whether it is closed or open.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Since you are using XFX 8600GT, it could be some kind of heating issue...
Try the card on a different computer and see if it works.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
My friend, U are one hell of a lucky XFX 8600GT owner!
I 've seen many guys having cards running at 85 C idle.
Ur's might be newer one!

OP
A

adithya217

Broken In
mine is ual3.i read somewhere that the newer ual3 cards do not heat as much as the udf7 cards.so i considered that while buying.also for my config can you suggest me a good Cabinet,PSU and UPS combo for Rs.5K.with my present UPS.my pc restarts every time the power is gone and because of this the PSU i buy does not last long than 4 months.

OP
A

adithya217

Broken In
My friend, U are one hell of a lucky XFX 8600GT owner!
I 've seen many guys having cards running at 85 C idle.
Ur's might be newer one!

mine is ual3.i read somewhere that the newer ual3 cards do not heat as much as the udf7 cards.so i considered that while buying.also for my config can you suggest me a good Cabinet,PSU and UPS combo for Rs.5K.with my present UPS.my pc restarts every time the power is gone and because of this the PSU i buy does not last long than 4 months.

also will my rig be enough to play Crysis at medium resolution and medium settings?i played the game earlier with onboard graphics but quit because of crappy frame rates.and also how would rate my rig on a scale of 1 to 10?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I have the same processor and the same gfx card... You can play crysis at medium high settings and youll get around 25FPS... Even 20FPS is enuf for a smooth gameplay in crysis

OP
A

adithya217

Broken In
i actually forgot that "the article i read somewhere" is your post nvidia.sorry i forgot to mention.so is ur card still a 109 c or did they give you a replacement.

also can anyone suggest me a cabinet,PSU and UPS combination for Rs.5k.my rigs details are

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Biostar TA690G AM2
Transcend 2^1 GB DDR2 800MHZ Ram
Viewsonic VA1912WB Monitor
Zebronics 400W PSU(Stock)
Hitachi HDS728080PLA380 80GB Hard Disk SATA2
Maxtor 6L080M0 80GB Hard Disk SATA2
Sony DVD-RW AWG170A DVD-Writer
and a SONY Floppy Drive

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Never got any time to contact them actually...
It runs at around 91C when im running games. But when i run 3d mark, it goes to very high temperatures...
Did you try to run your graphics card on a different computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom