Graphic Card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guptamohit

here is everything.
hello guys i have a problem and i want its solution

my friend has a graphic card 8600GT of palit and he is using this from a year its configuration is ( Dual Core 2.80GHz, 1 GB ram KINGSTON, 160 GB hdd, ASUS motherboard 1333 and his graphic card is installed in PCI EXPRESS.

but the problem is that when i put that graphic card in my PCI EXPRESS then there was no display and it was not dected by my pc. My pc configuration is ( Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHz, 2 GB RAM 1 is of kingston and 1 is of simtronics, gigabyte motherboard, 945 chipset, 160 GB hdd. so guys i want reply coz i am in trouble.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Did you connect the monitor to the graphics card's display port??

Check your BIOS and see if option for Graphics is (PEG or onboard if no PEG)

PEG: PCI-Express Graphics.

OP
G

guptamohit

here is everything.
ya i have connect it to the graphic card port but no display i have seen,

in my bios(award bios) it has two options one is PEG or ONBOARD and another one is PCI so can you tell me oin which port i should set. please

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ guptamohit - Set it it PEG as desibond suggested

I've heard That some 945GZ mobos have issue with with PCI-E gfx cards as 945GZ doesn't supports PCI_E bus though I'm not sure. Check if your gigabyte mobo is based on 945GZ chip.

Also their should be three options for gfx like Onchip VGA or IGP, PCI & PEG or PCI-E gfx.

Are U using the latest BIOS - That should solve many probs.

If all fails after inserting the gfx card clear your CMOS setting. Once I've to use this trick for a AGP card.

OP
G

guptamohit

here is everything.
from where i can clear my cmos and my bios is of (Award Bios) and in this there are only two option 1. onboard/PEG 2. PCI.

i have connect it from both these options but nothing happens.

but my friend has AMI bios and its bios sows almost 4 options.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Could also be installation problem. Graphics card should sit tight in the slot. You can clear BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, boot the system, restart after BIOS loads, insert the batter and boot.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
from where i can clear my cmos and my bios is of (Award Bios) and in this there are only two option 1. onboard/PEG 2. PCI.

i have connect it from both these options but nothing happens.

but my friend has AMI bios and its bios sows almost 4 options.

One question - Is your mobo based on 945GZ chipset ? Dude post the exact mobo model name.

Insert the gfx card firmly on it's slot. Then read on.......

Every mobo has a large battery on it which is called CMOS battery. Turn off your system & Remove the battery. Wait for 3-5 minutes. The put the battery back in it's place. Start your comp & see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom