Graphic card below 20k, suggestions please

Mehul Chauhan

DemiGod xD
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans: Gaming (latest games)

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: seasonic m12ii 520w

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans: below 20k

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans: 1920x 1080

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans: I5 6500
Kingston hyperx 8gb ddr4
Dell 22inch full hd monitor

One person is selling me seal pack zotac amp 1060 6gb gfx for 16.5k, reference by bssunil. Shipment from Hyderabad. Should i buy it because he is giving indian bill and 5 years warranty!

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
No he is not giving bill and warranty for 16.5k.
I suggest Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB. Price is around 15.5k and its the best value for money high performance card at that price. Its only 10% slower than rx480.
And when overclocked, it matches rx480.
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170510/50a7eaa3a383d3d832df930440182ab6.jpg

People who bought the rx480 at launch for 28k are now crying as the same performance is now available for under 16k.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
RX 580/480 would be the best option. 1060 can also be considered, keeping price point in mind. Don't even think about 570.

OP
Mehul Chauhan

Mehul Chauhan

DemiGod xD
I read that rx 580 seems to suck twice the power of 1060 and i dont have ac in my room. I dont want the heating issue under my cabinet.

Confused regarding this and as a fact that these cards are giving almost same performance right?

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I read that rx 580 seems to suck twice the power of 1060 and i dont have ac in my room. I dont want the heating issue under my cabinet.

Confused regarding this and as a fact that these cards are giving almost same performance right?
570 and 580 have 10% performance difference. So no sense in buying 580 as 570 is 7000rs cheaper.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

Let me try to compare both for you.
Performance: both are at par, beating each other by short margin in different games. Get any of those and you would be good.

RX 580/480/570/470:
-Freesync

Are you interested in freesync? If you don't know about it, you should google & read and think if you want to have it. In short, Freesync lets your graphics card to drive your freesync enabled monitor at variable Hz. Means no screen tearing, ghosting in games at all. Also, if the monitor is of higher Hz (say 144), you will be getting true variable frames (upto 144 fps) on your monitor which is very advantageous in competitive games like counter strike.

AMD supports freesync, NVIDIA doesn't. NVIDIA has the same functionality by the name of GSync, but monitors with GSync costs very high.
I know your current monitor is neither freesync or gsync, but sometime in future if you wish to upgrade your monitor and want to have this functionality, go for AMD RX card now as that would give you the freedom to buy cheaper monitor.

-Heating/power consumption: Yes, RX cards are higher on heating and power consumption when compared to 1060, but you don't have to worry about it because you already got very good PSU with more than enough power rating (520w). You won't be facing any problems regarding it whatsoever.

GTX 1060 6GB:
- Cheaper:
It is cheaper than RX 580/480 these days. If you don't care about Freesync, get 1060 6GB. End of story.
- Cooler/Lower power consumption: Again, this shouldn't be a big point for you to consider for getting the card.

OP
Mehul Chauhan

Mehul Chauhan

DemiGod xD
:D*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170521/5fd5b4fe9e49cbd0212a006215f8538b.jpg*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170521/d66624a22b6b23a2b555bbeeaeba2c79.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Let me try to compare both for you.
Performance: both are at par, beating each other by short margin in different games. Get any of those and you would be good.

RX 580/480/570/470:
-Freesync

Are you interested in freesync? If you don't know about it, you should google & read and think if you want to have it. In short, Freesync lets your graphics card to drive your freesync enabled monitor at variable Hz. Means no screen tearing, ghosting in games at all. Also, if the monitor is of higher Hz (say 144), you will be getting true variable frames (upto 144 fps) on your monitor which is very advantageous in competitive games like counter strike.

AMD supports freesync, NVIDIA doesn't. NVIDIA has the same functionality by the name of GSync, but monitors with GSync costs very high.
I know your current monitor is neither freesync or gsync, but sometime in future if you wish to upgrade your monitor and want to have this functionality, go for AMD RX card now as that would give you the freedom to buy cheaper monitor.

-Heating/power consumption: Yes, RX cards are higher on heating and power consumption when compared to 1060, but you don't have to worry about it because you already got very good PSU with more than enough power rating (520w). You won't be facing any problems regarding it whatsoever.

GTX 1060 6GB:
- Cheaper:
It is cheaper than RX 580/480 these days. If you don't care about Freesync, get 1060 6GB. End of story.
- Cooler/Lower power consumption: Again, this shouldn't be a big point for you to consider for getting the card.

Hi dear,
I am getting components for my PC within 2 days. 2 questions-
1. Since amd cards are OOS, is it advisable to buy a freesync monitor with a nvidia card? The shopkeeper also said that they work well with amd cards.

2. I am getting zotac 1060 6gb for 23500/- amp edition for 25k. Which one should I go for?

Thanks

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Got my MSI gtx 1060 6gb gaming x graphic card today, mindblowing and jawdropping thing :D
Is there any difference in performance in zotac 1060 vs MSI 1060?
Simple zotac one has 1 fan whereas the amp edition has 2. Is your MSI one the amp or some other edition too?

Top Bottom