GPU for under 12k.

saswat23

Human Spambot
I am looking for a good GPU for under 12k.

My PC Config:
* Intel i5-2400
* Asus P8H77-M Pro
* FSP APN 700W PSU
* DELL IN2020M HD LED (@ 1600 x 900)

I have shortlisted GTX-650Ti Boost, but cant decide whether to go for 1GB or 2GB model. Is the 2GB model worth it?
I will be buying the card from Gainward as its pricing is way better than other brands.

Here is the Pricing I got for Gainward:
*s20.postimg.org/zfxvvpqtp/image.jpg

So, which one provides better VFM? Is the 2GB version really worth spending Rs.1200 extra?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
yeah. get 2gb version. it is worth as games started to use more VRAM. who provides service for gainward?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Buddy stick with Asus or zotac as they have better after sale support.

what is your resolution ?

i don't think 650ti boost will able to utilize 2gb vram

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
And yes, the 1GB variant is the Golden Sample edition and hence has Dual Fans but the 2GB variant is the normal edition and hence has only single fan (The 2GB GS edition is not available here).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Buddy I never heard about Gainward better go with reputed brands that do well in the market like Zotac, Asus. I personally prefer Zotac or Asus. Both of them give not more than 3 years of warranty.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Buddy I never heard about Gainward better go with reputed brands that do well in the market like Zotac, Asus. I personally prefer Zotac or Asus. Both of them give not more than 3 years of warranty.

Zotac have 5 year warranty

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, I know Zotac has 5 years warranty but Zotac is not available here and its 13.3k @ flipkart, completely out of my budget. I am strictly looking for a card under 12k.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, that's my last option. Enquired for Palit GTX-650Ti Boost 2GB with Abacus Peripherals. I got a quote of 16k :shock:
But I want to know the actuall difference between the 1GB and 2GB card. Will the 2GB card be of any use? I mean is it worth spending 1.2k more?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Yup, that's my last option. Enquired for Palit GTX-650Ti Boost 2GB with Abacus Peripherals. I got a quote of 16k :shock:
But I want to know the actuall difference between the 1GB and 2GB card. Will the 2GB card be of any use? I mean is it worth spending 1.2k more?

Normally any game will require VRAM not more than 2GB and anything more than that is necessary for Multi-Monitor displays only.

Top Bottom