GPU for bitstreaming

Pferdestarke

Broken In
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans:For bitstream the audio to my Denon AVR through HDMI (Full HD movies with DTS-HD, DOLBY soundtracks)

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:Purchasing AntecVP500P

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans:6000

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans:Not for gaming (1080p movies)

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:Assembling a skylake i3 based PC this week

Note: I used to bitstream the audio using GT610 in my previous setup. I'm looking for a GPU which can do the same as well as handling Full HD matroska files more efficiently. Thanks in advance!

OP
P

Pferdestarke

Broken In
Purchased Zotac Nvidia GT730 2GB DDR5 based on inputs from other forums. Thanks!

Mods: Please close the thread. Thanks!

Gollum

Collector
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans:For bitstream the audio to my Denon AVR through HDMI (Full HD movies with DTS-HD, DOLBY soundtracks)

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans:Purchasing AntecVP500P

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans:6000

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans:Not for gaming (1080p movies)

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:Assembling a skylake i3 based PC this week

Note: I used to bitstream the audio using GT610 in my previous setup. I'm looking for a GPU which can do the same as well as handling Full HD matroska files more efficiently. Thanks in advance!

you can bitstream with anything that has hdmi 1.4 and above.
If you want native hevc decoding then you need gtx960 and above

Top Bottom