Outlander

Broken In
I made a post earlier in another section but I see I should have posted here.

I need to run Aliens vs Predator (2010)

Aliens vs. Predator (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aliens vs Predator System Requirements and Aliens vs Predator requirements for PC Games

My PC is a five year old one, Intel P4, not dual core, 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB DDR3 Ram, MB Intel DG102GGC2, 450 watts PSU, and enough hard disk space. My budget is max 4000 rs, so can you suggest a graphics card which will run this game, and what kind of performance can I expect from it?

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ the DG102GGC2 was the ddr2 (max 533Mhz) version of the d101GC and it has a PCI-E first gen as its based on the x200 chipset from AMD

OP
O

Outlander

Broken In
^^ the DG102GGC2 was the ddr2 (max 533Mhz) version of the d101GC and it has a PCI-E first gen as its based on the x200 chipset from AMD

Page no 10 of my motherboard manual says this in the memory section:

• Two 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
• Support for DDR2 533 MHz and DDR2 400 MHz DIMMs
• Support for up to 2 GB of system memory

Does it mean my motherboard can't support more than 553 MHz of memory speed, and that it can only support 2 GBs? Because I already have two strips of 1 GB each installed, and I'm thinking of buying a 4 GB strip of the higher speed one to replace one of the older 1 GB strips.

Edit: I used the crucial.com site, and it says I have "DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)" If I buy a graphics card with DDR3 RAM on it, and install it in the PCI-E slot, will it run? Sorry I don't know much about these things.

Last edited:

aloodum

Journeyman

Does it mean my motherboard can't support more than 553 MHz of memory speed, and that it can only support 2 GBs? Because I already have two strips of 1 GB each installed, and I'm thinking of buying a 4 GB strip of the higher speed one to replace one of the older 1 GB strips.

Does it mean my motherboard can't support more than 553 MHz of memory speed, and that it can only support 2 GBs
Yes 2 gigs max at ddr2 533 speeds. But do note it means 266 Mhz (2 X 266.5)=533

Because I already have two strips of 1 GB each installed, and I'm thinking of buying a 4 GB strip of the higher speed one to replace one of the older 1 GB strips.
Sorry but your ram upgrade options are non-existent. :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Edit: I used the crucial.com site, and it says I have "DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)" If I buy a graphics card with DDR3 RAM on it, and install it in the PCI-E slot, will it run? Sorry I don't know much about these things.

epic question ;-)

yes, the gfx card should run no irrespective of what kind of memory it has - DDR2, DDR3, GDDR3, GDDR4, GDDR5 - thye system ram and the memory modules on the gfx card can be different from each other.

Top Bottom