GPU for Asus H61M-CS MOBO

lodhnerist

Right off the assembly line
I want to upgrade my old computer as it is running very laggy now a days. It's old enough and I actually don't want to scrap it out. The system has Asus H61M-CS motherboard powered with Intel Pentium Dual Core G2020 2.9GHz processor. It has got HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM with no graphics card installed on the Mobo. I am using a 4k display through a VGA to HDMI converter, which makes the viewing worst. The unit has Zebronics ZEB-N450W power supply.

Please suggest me some upgrade without replacing the Mobo or CPU so that the lagginhess can somewhat be rectified. And also suggest me some budget GPU for better viewing experience and video editing/rendering works mainly. In that case if replacement in PSU is essential, please advise me the same.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Fill this questionnaire first: Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Also moving thread to appropriate section.

OP
L

lodhnerist

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Regular office use and video editing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: As the system is already in working condition, around 6000 INR for GPU and PSU may be considered.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not sure.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Additional space not required.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Asus H61M-CS Motherboard, Intel Pentium Dual Core G2020 2.9GHz processor, HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM, SEAGATE SATA HDD.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. I want to upgrade it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Want to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Upgrade is desired for better performance and video output on HD display.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to upgrade my old computer as it is running very laggy now a days. It's old enough and I actually don't want to scrap it out. The system has Asus H61M-CS motherboard powered with Intel Pentium Dual Core G2020 2.9GHz processor. It has got HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM with no graphics card installed on the Mobo. I am using a 4k display through a VGA to HDMI converter, which makes the viewing worst. The unit has Zebronics ZEB-N450W power supply.

Please suggest me some upgrade without replacing the Mobo or CPU so that the lagginhess can somewhat be rectified. And also suggest me some budget GPU for better viewing experience and video editing/rendering works mainly. In that case if replacement in PSU is essential, please advise me the same.

Just change the processor to something better like a core i5 34xx / 35xx or i7 37xx series ( get second hand cpus, price may be 2k - 6K depending on the model ) ) and you should be good. As for rendering and other stuff a GTX 150 TI or GTX 1660 is a good choice but they are not a VFM deal anymore. So first change the processor and then concentrate on other things.

Top Bottom