Got the GPU, new cabinet and corsair PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetboy

Journeyman
Sorry Guys I am posting this over here. I have received my cabinet, graphics card and the corsair 650TX V2.

I guess I am in a problem though. When I start the PSU by connecting the connectors for green and black cable of the 24 pin connector the psu fan will start. But when I connect the the 24 pin to the motherboard and also the 4 pin socket near the proc and try to power on the system the psu does not start and the flouricent green led on the motherboard would just keep blinking. If I connect by old psu, the led on the motherboard would light up fine.

I was just checking online and its mentioned that intel DG45ID is compatible with ATX12V 2.0 and the corsair 650TX V2 is backward compatible only till ATX12V 2.01 systems. Could that me a problem?

Please help me guys...cant get the updated config to run :-(((((

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
I had all the components connected first. But now I have everything removed. Only 24 pin connector and the 4 pin power connector is connected. I have only one ram stick of 2 gb.

With the same testing scenario the motherboard light wont blink for my old psu

Guys please reply..does anyone have any idea about this ?

Guys can anyone help?

Do I need to move this post somewhere else where I will get some help?

I have tried the paperpin test with connecting not one but TWO case fans and the PSU powerup fine and the case fans were also working.

does that means that the psu is fine? how can I get it working with the motherboard tho?

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello Guys,

This Thread can now be closed. I have removed the mother board and re fitted it and everything seems fine. One of the mounting screws was the culprit.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes the solution of bigger problems lie in smaller things. :)

Good to know your problem is solved.

sukesh1090

Adam young
:yeahright::+1:
we always think there is a big problem but there will be silly thing which will be causing the problem.congrats buddy for getting your rig corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom