Got a WD black instead of WD Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hard disk was not functioning...so i had sent it for a replacement.(previously had a WD Blue 1TB)

I must say really impressed with WD's after sales service a pick up was initiated from my house all i had to do was to pack the HDD in a Static-Free plastic bag and some bubble wrap.

Received the replacement within 6 days...(gave it on Monday and received it on saturday)

my only question is instead of A blue Caviar i have received a Black.

Now i know Black is better than blue on paper and is more expensive than blue.

But since i checked some reviews and comparisons between the two some people have actually suggested that the blue is better than black. I'll upload a link below as well.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWD0g43ZoEk

So is it actually true. And should i contact WD and request them to send me a WD Blue??

tkin

Back to school!!
WD Black is always better than Blue, in fact Blacks come with more cache and more warranty. It's false information that Blue is better than black.

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi saurabh_bansal90,

Being a WD Representative, I'd say that both drives have their own specifications.
WD Black is built for maximum performance and power computing also designed for high graphic games.
WD Blue is for normal computing and also good in terms of performance and reliability.

I am posting a link below for you to see what's the difference:

Support Answers

It's nice that you got a WD Black, as long as you are not facing any issue, I'd say to stick with this drive.

For the data which is very important, I will strongly recommend to make a double backup on different location, such as external HDD, online storage and etc.

Hope it helps.

Lincon_WD

WD Official
i absolutely agree with a modification - triple backup :)

Hey vidhubhushan,

Yes, that's right, the more copies you have, the better it is. I'd say two is minimum and if you can have three it's better and if you make it four it's awesome, like some of my engineer friends.

Again, making a lot of backup locations comes with a cost too, but if you have the money to spend, and the particular data is quite important, then it's always safe to do so.

I'd rather spend RS5000 on an extra 1TB external HDD for backup than spend RS XXXX to do a data recovery.
It's just an example, data recovery can be very costly.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It's false information that blue is better. Black is just an overall better drive which is much faster. For backups though, most stuff I upload in a encrypted archives to Dropbox etc & store less critical ones offline.

Lincon_WD

WD Official
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION],

It's a nice way to keep your precious data saved. I'd say keep the good work going as majority of people overlook to backup their important data.

$hadow

Geek in making
You are always at risk when it comes to HDD but atleast WD offer better service in comparison to other brands.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i have not used any wd HDDs. the best experience i have is from seagate (8 years back i think) where they gave a new drive in exchange in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom