Google Doing WiFi Tests in Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglee_mard

Right off the assembly line
I need to verify this with someone from Deccan, Camp or Shivajinagar area, I'm able to connect to a free WiFi network which looks like a beta testing thats going on, someone pls.... check this out, at after 9pm search for wireless networks in these areas. U'll see unknown network.

Its appearing in Deccan for me, I got this on the night of 7th March have to try it for some more days. I Hope this is not a one off.

tuXian

In the zone
Google doing Wifi tests in India when their US service is yet to catch on.... may be someone else

digen

Youngling
Whoa can you provide a news source to confirm this?

On a lighter note it might just be your neighbour's "open wireless network" (just kidding) :p

alienspiesu

Journeyman
dude as u n i knw thre's wi-fi gonna b implemented in the whole of pune soon, i stay @ kalyani nagar n i also came across thngs like u did, its the private players who r helpin the PMC set up the wi-fi conducting the tests to gather some data.. n google- well its time 4 them 2 b here but they'll b here!!

cyrux

In the zone
Yes pune is going to be connected through wifi very soon. BSNL and MTNL have also started the testing of the highlt anticipated WiMax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom