Good portable laptop required.

Best Ultrabook, Kindly suggest guys

• Dell Inspiron 13 5379

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Inspiron 13 7373( way over my budget)

• Macbook Air

• Total voters
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
I agree that Macbook Air is old processor but its batter back up is almost 3 times than any windows laptop available.
Still if you guys say I will go for dell 5370

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I agree that Macbook Air is old processor but its batter back up is almost 3 times than any windows laptop available.
Still if you guys say I will go for dell 5370
That's also because of low screen resolution. Use laptop on battery for emergency purposes only IMO.

So is Dell Inspiron 5370 the only option?
It is a good option but I saw an HP envy with similar specs at 55k during last major sale by Flipkart.

This one:
*www.flipkart.com/hp-envy-core-i5-8...rsmvj40000001527610573747&qH=d1bb22ae0f52b9c9

Dell has better after sales, for sure.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Have seen a lot of people suffering from heating problem in HP so would prefer dell over it

Last edited:

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Have seen a lot of people suffering from heating problem in HP so would prefer dell over it
I also prefer Dell, but the HP issues you hear of usually their lower end models like the Pavilion series. Envy series are pretty good. Same thing can be said of Dell or other manufacturers .Especially the laptops with dgpu at lower price point since most of them have very bad cooling designs. I would still suggest you to wait a few weeks to see if the Macbook Air is updated.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
^^Interestingly I couldn't find Envy series laptops on HP India site though they are present on US site.
HP envy with the same specs as of dell 5370 will cost atleast 10k more, that makes no point to buy HP over dell considering HP After sales service and its heating issues

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP envy with the same specs as of dell 5370 will cost atleast 10k more, that makes no point to buy HP over dell considering HP After sales service and its heating issues
I know,I was just pointing out this anomaly of their supposedly premium brand not appearing in Indian site(makes me wonder if the units are all imported & thus will have relatively poor after sales support if any part is required as it needs to arrive from abroad).

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I don't why you are even considering MB air. Did you try comparing its display quality side by side with 5370? I could literally see blurred text when tried to see it from close. Plus its hardware is 3 years old now. For me, that laptop shouldn't worth more than 25k.

Top Bottom