good camera - Rs 10,000

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hmm did you notice a thing ...Canon 260HS is from powershot series and 255HS is from IXUS series

What Is the Difference between a Ixus Camera and a Powershot One?
Answer
The notable difference between a powershot camera an Ixus and camera is that the powershot is designed for people who want more control over the pictures they take and has many control settings, while the Ixus is made for people who just want great pictures and nothing more. Ixus are also slim, light and compact while powershots are big and hefty; otherwise the two camera lines are digital and are made by Canon

:) read reviews of both

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
my bad I didnt know that...

btw except optical zoom much specs of the both of the cameras is same..

and about manual controls.. if chdk of ixus 255 is released.. then will it be on par with the sx260 in terms of manual controls.

@nac .
im sorry bro .. yes its a offer one cant refuse.. but as the camera will also be used by my family ..my father is insisting on purchasing it from local and asking me to choose between sony nikon and canon only.. :(

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Choice and money is yours kid. We are just helping with what we know. So its tug of war between WX150 vs IXUS 255. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
even after chdk you wont get manual controls...I dont think its possible ...the PASM mode are available in powershot models and IXUS models are just simple cam for family use.

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
finally bought ixus 255 .. didnt find tz30 and sx 240/260 anywhere in local stores..

btw happy with my purchase as they say best camera is the one thats with you.. :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Congrats. If one knows the art of photography, one can have great clicks even with 3k cam :D . Cheers to all the wonderful technology around us.

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
thanks to all .. I am really loving macro mode in ixus, so beautiful.

And also I've joined flickr.

here's my account. Flickr: rickenjus' Photostream

Plz check. :)

Will be uploading few macro shots soon. :)

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
Hey man, i am also in the same situation where you were while deciding about the best camera under 10k. Anyway congrats on your purchase. May I know at what price did you get IXUS 255 HS. Thanks.

Top Bottom