Good Camera Phone in the Price Range of 20K ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I for one will never prefer a phone which pushes ads in notification or any other way on screen. I already face enough ads in my life on general basis, would rather keep phone clean with near stock UI. Another thing to keep in mind is android phones get sluggish over period of time, on top of that if the phone resources are being used to keep a flashy UI working instead of powering a basic smartphone functionality like launching a browser, takes 5 secs then the company doesn't really care about user experience. But if a person changes phone every 1-2yrs then phones like Oppo Vivo might suit them since they are a bit affordable and flashy.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
I for one will never prefer a phone which pushes ads in notification or any other way on screen. I already face enough ads in my life on general basis, would rather keep phone clean with near stock UI. Another thing to keep in mind is android phones get sluggish over period of time, on top of that if the phone resources are being used to keep a flashy UI working instead of powering a basic smartphone functionality like launching a browser, takes 5 secs then the company doesn't really care about user experience. But if a person changes phone every 1-2yrs then phones like Oppo Vivo might suit them since they are a bit affordable and flashy.
yes more waste to the dumpster

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman

Do you mean to say Phones like VIVO and OPPO send you notification with ADS even when you are on a Message APP ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am not sure what is the extent of ads but I have heard they send ads in notifications so people generally unlock phone to check what message they have received but its actually just an ad.

Not that I am stuck on VIVO and OPPO but they have some interesting Tricks up their sleeve, meaning they offer a lot of cool features, Fun Features in their Phone with the APPS for e.g. You can do a Video recording simultaneously with the Front and Rear Camera, so imagine you are in a Concert (I do not know when will that happen in a Covid World) but imagine you are in a Concert and you are doing a Video Recording you can shoot the Artist from the Rear Camera and at the same you can record the crowd along side you and their reaction at the same time. How cool is that ? That is very innovative. I do not think any of the Xiaomi, RealMe, Redmi or Mototorla offers that kind of Fun Features. That is why it is alluring me !!
there will be app alternatives for this ,dont buy a phone for this lousy feature

+1

Nokia has this & I remember Samsung trying this back in S4 days. There should be apps to do such niche stuff, honestly, people won't use that feature much. It makes for good marketing, which is what Oppo & Vivo spend a lot of money on.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
You said that your reservation about VIVO and OPPO is they are desperately trying to be iOS. I actually don't mind that. Since I own an iPad I am kind of into the Apple Ecosystem already. It is just that I do not want to spend right now on an iPhone that I am looking at an Android Phone. So VIVO and OPPO trying to ape iOS.is kind of blessing in disguise. I absolutely do not mind that.

That does not look like iOS, rather a cheap version with just icons and animations. The performance is low.

With oppo and vivo you also get a lot of bloat, for eg. You get the uninstallable browser which gives stupid and not so good notification. Then comes there own app store, which forces you to download from there instead of playstore.

After that there is also crap like oroaming in oppo phones. They also come with there community apps.

There is also a app by name of phone manager which is very suspicious app considering it cannot be disabled and does not delete any malacious APK. It just keeps on notifying about full storage.

In Mi, oppo and realme phone there is one more problem, in the lockscreen itself there is something by the name lockscreen gallery. It is basically just full of advertisement and difficult to disable.

Saying this after using both oppo(realme 1 and realme 5) and vivo(v51s).

quicky008

Technomancer
you could try Samsung M31s or even M51-both of them have good cameras,the latter being the best of the two.

If you care about proper after sales service and dont support communism or totalitarian regimes then don't go for realme/redmi/(any other me)/vivo/oppo etc

raj30

Right off the assembly line
you could try Samsung M31s or even M51-both of them have good cameras,the latter being the best of the two.

If you care about proper after sales service and dont support communism or totalitarian regimes then don't go for realme/redmi/(any other me)/vivo/oppo etc

I absolutely do not support totalitarian regimes lol ! But my basic necessities of Life comes First. I do not have anything to lose or gain of what is happening in. Xinjiang.

Having said that, I have been recommended her Redmi Note 10 and 10 Pro buy guys here.

I would love to look at what Samsung has to offer in my price range ?

M51 is good, but beware, Samsung has jumped the notification nagware train & disabling it can only be done on first boot, unlike Xiaomi. So if you set up Samsung M/A series phone wrong the first boot, you have to reset the phone.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt and others who have replied on this thread.

I am leaning day by day :) more towards Redmi Note 10 Pro. It looks like Value for Money with some Cutting Edge Technology which not all the Phones in that price range offer things like 120 Hz Display, Which even iPhone is yet to have it. But I am a little worried about growing concerns and feedback coming on the Redmi Note 10 Pro of Phone Overheating. Which even a lot YouTubers are claiming it the overheating thing. What do you guys have to say about this ?

@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt and others who have replied on this thread.

I am leaning day by day :) more towards Redmi Note 10 Pro. It looks like Value for Money with some Cutting Edge Technology which not all the Phones in that price range offer things like 120 Hz Display, Which even iPhone is yet to have it. But I am a little worried about growing concerns and feedback coming on the Redmi Note 10 Pro of Phone Overheating. Which even a lot YouTubers are claiming it the overheating thing. What do you guys have to say about this ?
Didn't hear much about overheating but it will heat up while gaming, esp with 4G turned on, any smartphone will. The major issue I heard of is proximity sensor or lack thereof.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Didn't hear much about overheating but it will heat up while gaming, esp with 4G turned on, any smartphone will. The major issue I heard of is proximity sensor or lack thereof.

This guy at 1:19 says Battery is not long lasting and the Phone Heats Easily.

bubusam13

Human
Hi, I don't want to open another thread for a simple question.
Should I get iPhone 12 128GB or S21 128GB ? Camera is my preference here.

Hi, I don't want to open another thread for a simple question.
Should I get iPhone 12 128GB or S21 128GB ? Camera is my preference here.
First of all, wrong thread. Maybe use this:
The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

But a new thread doesn't cost you anything, so can be made.

Coming to question, I'd say OS & design are major things to consider as both have very good cameras. Just check multiple comparisons online on those phones.

The exynos of S21 isn't a great chip IMO, nor is S888. If you are looking for a compact option, then you are out of luck. Otherwise, my suggestion for most people is to get S20 FE 5G for the flagship experience. It has the same main cam & similar ultrawide cam as S21 & S21+.
Compare Samsung Galaxy S21 5G vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G vs. Apple iPhone 12 - GSMArena.com

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
You can't buy those in 20k unless they come from questionable sources.

2-3 days back, saw someone offering a real steal deal of iPhone 12 pro max 128gb, macbook, earpods, watch and one more thing i forgot - all for Rs.20000/- only. page had video proof from someone who said he got an iphone at dirt cheap price.
have been seeing a lot of them and many more people crying for their money.

Top Bottom