Good bike price 1 - 1.5 lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Just for info, my present bike has as height of 790mm which is manageable but sometimes I feel difficultfz25 height is 795mm.. won't an added 5 mm be more difficult?

Also by how much mm or cm can seat height of classic 350 be reduced?
Added 5mm wont be diffucult.
But if u want to reduce it then..let me know what u find..i have same issue

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes the Bikes are comming slowly and till next autoshow all will have ABS. When we get a bike for long term, waiting some more day is fine.

BTW apache 200 have dual channel, Gixxer SF have single , Honda Hornet have single, Dominar have dual, yamaha r15 v3 have dual...many bikes already have it.
I don't think companies will launch new models this year. They will push it to next year and sell existing models with minor updates. Yamaha already said that they won't add ABS to existing bikes until 2019 when it becomes mandatory.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Just for info, my present bike has as height of 790mm which is manageable but sometimes I feel difficultfz25 height is 795mm.. won't an added 5 mm be more difficult?
Also by how much mm or cm can seat height of classic 350 be reduced?
It's mm not inch, so I don't think it will matter much.
Just with custom thinner/modified seat with lesser foam will reduce seat height by one cms easily. This is for RE, have read people reducing seat height by more than couple of inches with heavy mods.
Yeah but I am not in too much of a hurry either..so I can wait till April..but I won't wait till may or june :D
Then better book now if you want RE, so that by June you will get your delivery ;)
I personally like FZ25..it has still an old engine with no FI, no ABS..they are just improving looks everytime.
FI is standard and if I remember right there is no carb variant of FZ25
Yes the Bikes are comming slowly and till next autoshow all will have ABS.
Auto expo is once every two years, yeah by that time all will have ABS.

sujoyp

Grand Master
It's mm not inch, so I don't think it will matter much.
Just with custom thinner/modified seat with lesser foam will reduce seat height by one cms easily. This is for RE, have read people reducing seat height by more than couple of inches with heavy mods.

Then better book now if you want RE, so that by June you will get your delivery ;)

FI is standard and if I remember right there is no carb variant of FZ25

Auto expo is once every two years, yeah by that time all will have ABS.
I ment avenger has old pulser 220 engine and no fi or abs

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@OP,
If you're not overweight and ride solo most of the time, you can set suspension to the lowest that will help reduce some height.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My old bike is giving way and I am in need of a new bike for daily commute (approx 60 kms daily) and for long trips during the weekend.

M y budget is 1 lakh but I can stretch it to 1.5 lakh I guess(if fits my requirements.)

I want

1. Full metal body(I don't want any easily breakable plastic parts.)

2. Tubeless tyres.

3. Selfstart with Kickstart and good battery.

4. Decent mileage (40-50 kms).

5. Good seating posture for long rides(300-400 kms).

6. Short seat height or reduceable height(as I'm only 5'6" tall hence maneuvering a tall bike jeopardizes my ride.)

7. Mature looks (as I am 32 so bikes like KTM , Pulsar, Gixxer etc. will do me no good).

8. Reliability.

9. Good looks.

I have tried REClassic 350 but only my toes touch the ground so maneuvering it in traffic might be tricky.

Avenger 150 Street -I didn't enjoy the seating posture.

Intruder 150 - Plasticky hence out of the list.

I am planning on Electra ES though I haven't tried it-Can it's seat height be reduced?

Any other bikes that you can suggest?
Thunderbird 350 - Features, Specifications & Reviews

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks. Will consider it too.

P.s. What's the advantage of Thunderbird 350x over its predecessors apart from cosmetic upgrades?
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350x vs Thunderbird 350 Price, Specifications
No news of ABS yet on 350x but if it offers then its awesome. Since the 350x release is in Q1 2018, all its features are not yet fully revealed.

johnjoyjoe1979

M A R I N E
ABS Required for Motorcycles in India

What are the other advantages of having an ABS system?

The antilock braking system enables riders to brake without fear, so they react more quickly and with more power. For example, it prevents the front wheel from locking during an emergency braking maneuver. This means the two-wheeler remains stable, making it easier to avoid a fall.
Under emergency braking in dry conditions, ABS works very well to prevent the rear wheel from lifting up, preventing an inadvertent stoppie and putting the rider in better control. Even in wet, slippery conditions, a bike with ABS would offer way more traction and control than one without the system. ABS braking also feels very linear and isn’t abrupt. You can feel mild pulsations on the brake lever as the hydraulic system controls brake pressure – this works as a warning of sorts if you’re pushing the braking limits of the motorcycle.

What is ABS?
An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) comprises, among other things, sensors which constantly monitor the rotation speed of wheels to figure when a wheel is about to lock up. Upon sensing a possible lock-up, a set of hydraulic valves adjust the braking pressure, preventing the wheels from locking up, allowing the wheels to roll, applying and releasing brakes at high frequency. This thwarts a loss of traction and steering control, offering more control to the rider.

So look for any Bike that offers ABS.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would really say when ABS is almost there then why run away from it unless that price increase of less then 15k is soo important. 350x is definitely eye catching and I would love to own one..but I want to see more reliablity and lesser vibration in RE.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I ask
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350x vs Thunderbird 350 Price, Specifications
No news of ABS yet on 350x but if it offers then its awesome. Since the 350x release is in Q1 2018, all its features are not yet fully revealed.
At the given price range+1.7lacs) ABS would be awesome door 350x.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
ABS Required for Motorcycles in India

What are the other advantages of having an ABS system?

The antilock braking system enables riders to brake without fear, so they react more quickly and with more power. For example, it prevents the front wheel from locking during an emergency braking maneuver. This means the two-wheeler remains stable, making it easier to avoid a fall.
Under emergency braking in dry conditions, ABS works very well to prevent the rear wheel from lifting up, preventing an inadvertent stoppie and putting the rider in better control. Even in wet, slippery conditions, a bike with ABS would offer way more traction and control than one without the system. ABS braking also feels very linear and isn’t abrupt. You can feel mild pulsations on the brake lever as the hydraulic system controls brake pressure – this works as a warning of sorts if you’re pushing the braking limits of the motorcycle.

What is ABS?
An Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) comprises, among other things, sensors which constantly monitor the rotation speed of wheels to figure when a wheel is about to lock up. Upon sensing a possible lock-up, a set of hydraulic valves adjust the braking pressure, preventing the wheels from locking up, allowing the wheels to roll, applying and releasing brakes at high frequency. This thwarts a loss of traction and steering control, offering more control to the rider.

So look for any Bike that offers ABS.
Okay

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I would really say when ABS is almost there then why run away from it unless that price increase of less then 15k is soo important. 350x is definitely eye catching and I would love to own one..but I want to see more reliablity and lesser vibration in RE.
Heard new Version Fz 25 is going to launch with ABs coming April, yes it true?

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
All new Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X and 500X will be launched on 22nd Feb 2018.
Source:New Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X , 500X launch on 22nd February
It's already launch ed I think. I have seen one in the street s at my city

Btw what about Apache RTR 200 av?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's already launch ed I think. I have seen one in the street s at my city
Btw what about Apache RTR 200 av?
May be but there is no official word on that or probably the one you saw is a custom build.
Apache 200 looks fall along the line of Gixxer, KTM et all...
Hope they launch it soon
Don't expect it any time soon, esp. after Yamaha itself confirmed that they are not bring it in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom