good and cheap graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0xx

Broken In
plz suggest me a good graphics card for around 6000rs and good enough to play Half Life2 and Doom3.

godzi_85

In the zone
will the 5200 fx 128 mb ram play HL2? please tell me.. i`m buying one.. cause can`t afford anything more that that .. i guess..

theraven

Technomancer
forget the fx 5200
u wont get anything u expect

go upto abt 6500 and ull get a radeon 9600 NON PRO 128mb .....
a much better choice

if u got a bigger budget say 8.5 k u can get the 9600 pro
for 11k the 9800 NP
for 14.5k the 9800 pro
all 128mb versions ofcourse

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I have been an ATI user for a long time but I have to admit, b/w Radeon 9600 anf fx 5700 fx 5700 offers better value for money

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
My curiosity was aroused by the ATI proponents' statements. I try to be objective when comparing brands, and though I've used both nVidia and ATI cards, I'm more familiar with nVidia-based products. So I went to Tom's Hardware and looked up the comparative test results.

The FX5700 soundly thrashes the Radeon 9600 in 15 out of 19 tests, by a wide margin in most cases (upto 70%). The Radeon 9600 scored higher in 4 cases, mostly by a smaller margin.

In some cases, the FX5700 is closely comparable even to the Radeon 9600 PRO and even beats it in a few cases. Of course, it would be more logical to compare the 9600 Pro to the FX5700 Ultra, in which case the FX5700-U comes out on top again.

-

indro

In the zone
hmmm , the prob is some 5700's comes with GDDR3 and some with DDR2 and some with plain old DDR , well thats where the difference in performance comes from .

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
pimpom said:
My curiosity was aroused by the ATI proponents' statements. I try to be objective when comparing brands, and though I've used both nVidia and ATI cards, I'm more familiar with nVidia-based products. So I went to Tom's Hardware and looked up the comparative test results.

The FX5700 soundly thrashes the Radeon 9600 in 15 out of 19 tests, by a wide margin in most cases (upto 70%). The Radeon 9600 scored higher in 4 cases, mostly by a smaller margin.

In some cases, the FX5700 is closely comparable even to the Radeon 9600 PRO and even beats it in a few cases. Of course, it would be more logical to compare the 9600 Pro to the FX5700 Ultra, in which case the FX5700-U comes out on top again.

-

Depends.........If you are talking about shader intensive games and pure dx 9 based games like far cry, joint ops, Hl2, DTM racedriver then the Ati 9XXX series comes out on top. Also if u still own a Fx series card try running shadermark and u will know what i am tryin to say. Anyways this topic has been done to death ............

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
blade_runner said:
pimpom said:

.....<snip>......

-

Depends.........If you are talking about shader intensive games and pure dx 9 based games like far cry, joint ops, Hl2, DTM racedriver then the Ati 9XXX series comes out on top. Also if u still own a Fx series card try running shadermark and u will know what i am tryin to say. Anyways this topic has been done to death ............

The main object of a discussion is to provide useful information for the OP and other readers. Several people have declared their preference for this and that. While this is helpful, most of them do not provide any solid basis for their preference, which is what I was trying to do with my last post.

One could say that the AMD vs Intel debate has been done to death too, in Digit and other forums and newsgroups. Yet few people have tried to discourage further posts by implying that enough has been said. There are always fresh viewpoints and other angles of looking at the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom