Good 17" LCd for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrewz

Broken In
I am planning to buy a Good 17" LCD, Only for gaming... equal to 8ms or less then 8ms response time, not more than Rs. 12K (max Rs. 13K)... I have narrowed down my search to,

1) Samsung SyncMaster 740N

2) ViewSonic VA702b

3) Benq FP71E+

4) Benq FP71G+

Plz Suggest what should i go for...

soham

In the zone
I think it would be better if you spend 2k more and get a 19" widescreen lcd with 8ms response time

nil_3

In the zone
soham said:
I think it would be better if you spend 2k more and get a 19" widescreen lcd with 8ms response time

Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" LCD TFT has response time 8ms(Re: *www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/tftlcdmonitors/740n.asp). Only go for Samsung and nothing else. Though CRT monitors are more preferred in multimedia and gaming purposes(CRTs more faithfully reproduces colour compared to LCDs). However the best 17" TFTof Samsung is SyncMaster 770P(Re: *www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/tftlcdmonitors/770p.asp). Its response time is 6ms. But may be it's availability is limited.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Do check up that these lcd's have a DVI connector rather than a vga connector before buying ,the samsung 740n has a vga connector. Since you are gaming i guess you'd be having a good gpu card with a DVI jack so you should really take advantage of that.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi techno_funky, i dont wish to waste a thread for this.. Wat do u mean by DVI connector and VGA connector??:(( what s the difference between them??

nil_3

In the zone
Pragadheesh said:
What do u mean by DVI connector and VGA connector?

DVI connector is meant for display in a TV screen whereas the VGA connector is for display in a monitor. However DVI to VGA convertors are also available in market.

OP
ambrewz

ambrewz

Broken In
Thnks for ur suggestion guys... Everyone Seems to b pointing Towards SAmSUNG 740N... But there no DVI - Connector with Samsung
Benq Is offerring DVI-COnnectors...
I have also heard ViewSonics r the BEst in Monitors(LCDs)

if There is no more suggestions soon then Might go for SamSUNG 740N

janitha

Wise Old Owl
DVI input is for digital signals which will give better display. Almost every brand has models with DVI input also, but generally they are slightly more expensive.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I plan to buy a 19 inch LCD. I have shortlisted a few like-
Viewsonic VA 922, VA924
Samsung 931BF, 940BF
I would like to have advice from you people. My uses are routine works and movies.
(My 7 year old LG Flatron 17" is undergoing NDE)

OP
ambrewz

ambrewz

Broken In
About DVI inputs... It's not just about TV or a PC monitor...
according what I have found out the Gaming performance and basic Display quality Increses In most of the case because of DVI input... The advantage of a DVI connection over the D-sub(VGA or anolog) is that the DVI connection allows for lossless transmission from the computer to the display cause the dispaly signal from the Graphic card are in digtal format so you get Sharp picture quality when using a DVI input whereas in normal D-sub(VGA or anolog) Connector the Digital signals have to converted to analog...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Samsung 740N , tried and tested . 8ms is cool with gaming. This one has contrast ratio of 600:1 , suits the budget you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom