Gmail.. not acsepting attachment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i dont know whether i am the only one who is suffering...... when ever i try to send a zip file (contening .exe) gamil refuses to acsept it..... mails bounce back to me...

here is the error massage i got from my rediff mail account.....

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at webmail10.rediffmail.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<saurav.abc@gmail.com>:
64.233.185.27 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment

vysakh

Padawan
this is a known problem with gmail
they do not allow attaching exe or zip files due to virus threats.
all u have to do is to change the extension to something else, say .pdf or something and ask the other person to change it back

bharathbala2003

why need title?
am not able 2 send either.. system not able to perform operation please retry again later. this came when i tried a zip file of about 6.5MB.. but whn i tried a Notepad file of few kbs it went

:?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
all u have to do is to change the extension to something else, say .pdf or something and ask the other person to change it back

better try that.....

@chteetah

But i thought the exe files are not allowed in Gmail Drive.
u thought right..... thats why have posted this pro.... i cant send them to gmail......

valtea

In the zone
i think u need to rename them to something like .txt
and have it renamed back.
If you are sending it to someone else, then you can leave a nite telling him/her to change the extension

Slam Team

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
not exactly..... zip files r going... have send it through gmail.... but zip file containing .exe rnt going.....
Zip files of less size get attached..but as the size increases it doesn't allow u.. I tried attaching zip files of size upto 50 kb and it went fine.. it doesn't depend on what u put inside the zip file..but it currently doesn't allow exe's.. and gmail drive allows any file to be uploaded ..but when it encounters zip or exe it automatically renames it to zip_renamed or exe_renamed ... its kewl...nice piece of software.. and btw never rename any file to .txt ..the file size gets truncated sometimes.. instead try the .pdf format..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom