[GIVEAWAY] CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 Beta + chance to get full version for free

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qsg2IBIxUpw/Tecde8hE6GI/AAAAAAAABMk/AoIFsa7-uQw/s1600/CyberLink+PhotoDirector+2011.png

Just fill in the details & you'll receive an email with further instructions:Giveaway Link

Note 1: this is a trial & valid for 90days only.
Note 2: To receive the full version of the software after it is released, participants must be over 18 years of age and provide feedback to a designated CyberLink email address related directly to how the participants experienced PhotoDirector by June 20th, 2011.

PS: i am yet to download it as my landline is dead since a week. if something doesn't work please report here.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: [GIVEAWAY] CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 Beta + chance to get full version for fre

Well, I tried this software i.e., CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 Beta. Here's my experience.

The link provided with an installer, so I first thought, this would be counted in negative, because of some Google Installer issue's in the past. But this installer DID asked for the location to store the Actual Setup (95.3 MB). So not an issue IMO.

Next, I installed it. And executed. Yes, it IS a 90 day trial.
Asks you to register during the first run. And startup time was considerable. Running over a minute for the first run. But in seconds after that.
Interface feels like, its made in Adobe AIR. Maybe it IS. It's quite nice, with black theme, just like Adobe Premiere.

But, it's quite Heavy on resources, crossing over 300 MB of VM memory and 75 MB of memory usage, when IDLE. Quite resource, I must say, for a photo-editing software.
Next, before I can test the functionality of the software, it went into Not Responding state, and I had to end its task. Maybe, perfect beta candidate.

In 2nd run, I witnessed the various editing feature this provided. A LOT of editing options. Loved the Default Presets (Template) that was provided. Some of the presets Totally Gave the Photo a different Makeover! Quite brilliant.

Also, we can make Sideshows, which I didn't tried, but I think, would be a nice feature too. During editing, Memory Usage reached beyond, 180 MB's and 100% CPU usage.

Overall: Didn't expected a lot from the software, since I had used and liked bunch of photo editing tools, including online one, like Pixlr.com
But this surprised me. Nice software, if you have a acceptable powerful machine, and don't mind resources being taken up. Quite a good software, to acquire license for.

sygeek

Technomancer
Re: [GIVEAWAY] CyberLink PhotoDirector 2011 Beta + chance to get full version for fre

Thanks a lot for sharing, seems like a worthful app. Downloading at the moment.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ It IS a good app.
But AFAIK, you have Pen 4 like me, don't you? And it won't run that efficiently on it, IMO!

sygeek

Technomancer

And it won't run that efficiently on it, IMO!
Doesn't matter, I can make it run ;)..

Top Bottom