Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
anidex said:
Watch your tongue buddy.

The high setting in Doom 3 only uses uncompressed color maps. It doesn't introduce any new shaders. Anyway, you should only run the high setting on top mainstream cards like the 9500 Pro /5600 Ultra and above cards. You'd be a fool to run the game at high settings on an FX 5200 will such limited bandwidth.

Run the game at 800x600 at the medium setting and you'll be able to enjoy all the special effects, of course, with compressed color maps.
so u ment to say 5200=compromise (low res,med settings) :D

and this what i was trying to prove earlier 8) , seems like u agree now ,
:lol:
anidex said:
You'd be a fool to run the game at high settings on an FX 5200 will such limited bandwidth

and a ti is able to do this :D

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Anidex, I don't think that you have actually seen doom 3 on fx5200. I ran the default timedemo (demo1) at 800x600, High, Aniso forced off, no AA, filtering set to bileniar. Got a measely 6.47 FPS! My system (signature) got 25.1 FPS at 800x600, High, Aniso set to 2X, 2xQ AA, no optimization.
The only difference in I could see between the 2 cards was the heat haze effect, but with the amount of choppiness apparent on the fx, coupled with lack of AF and AA, just about everything looked hazey, lol.
Also, I noted something very peculiar. My friend's radeon 9200se, was running the game on low 640x480. It looked decent (choppy, but decent) enough. However, when I turned it to medium quality the textures looked like they had been bleached. I mean, no details visible! Ditto with turning on high quality. He had the latest drivers. I even tried fiddling with the CFG file. But everything was as it should be (image downsizing turned off, bump mapping turned etc.). Care to tell me what was happening?

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Pradeep, I have said it before and I am saying it again. Don't buy 5700 pure. Buy a 5700 ultra if you can get it cheap (get a good brand). Also don't buy a normal 9600, get a 9600XT if you get it cheap.
If your budget does not allow these, get a Ti, as it is superior to many 'newer' cards.

jerkthefragment

Right off the assembly line
and a ti is able to do this
Didn't you get what this guy is trying to tell? Whoa Einstein, in case you didn't realize, the Ti isn't running any of the advanced shaders that the FX 5200 is. That's why the Ti 4200 performs better.

Compressed textures sacrifice a little quality over uncompressed ones, but loosing half the special effects is a huge compromise.

Seems to me that you're just trying to hoodwink someone into buying your Ti 4200. Well guys, my advice is that this chap is only trying to mislead you into buying his rotten Ti 4200, so save your 7000 bucks and go in for an FX 5700 or a Radeon 9600.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
jerkthefragment said:
and a ti is able to do this
Didn't you get what this guy is trying to tell? Whoa Einstein, in case you didn't realize, the Ti isn't running any of the advanced shaders that the FX 5200 is. That's why the Ti 4200 performs better.

Compressed textures sacrifice a little quality over uncompressed ones, but loosing half the special effects is a huge compromise.

Seems to me that you're just trying to hoodwink someone into buying your Ti 4200. Well guys, my advice is that this chap is only trying to mislead you into buying his rotten Ti 4200, so save your 7000 bucks and go in for an FX 5700 or a Radeon 9600.

think b4 u write something. we are talking here abt the 5200 and ti4200.
if u really want to experience the perks of Dx9 technology then 5200 is not a good choice, u will need at least a 5700(still weaker than my ti4200 128MB 275/550) and 5700 is lot more expensive than a ti4200.

I am aware of the Dx9 plus points but we are considering here budget too,
jerkthefrag u cant just recommend a 5700 when the budget is considerd . If only the performance and the advanced shaders is all u care about then i recommend the best 6800ultra ....go buy it.....

and u stop confusing other ppl ..... :eek:

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Ok jerkTF, I can challange you to show me any difference between the Ti and FX5200 in terms of special effects, except the heat haze. Please know what you are talking about before saying something like 'loosing half the special effects'. Man, you are just shooting off!

And please refrain from accusations like 'hookwinking'. Yes, I am trying to sell my Ti. All I have said until now is true and it is meant to persuade someone to buy the Ti. I don't claim that the Ti is better than, say the 9600XT or the 5700 Ultra (though I find the latter a bit too expensive for the performance and features it offers). However, anyone who claims that the fx5200 (ultra or non-ultra) or the 5700 pure is in anyway faster or generally better than any of the Ti series, need to be institutionalized.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
and here is a small story for some ppl who don't understand things right way....
(just 4 fun, I mean no personal comments on anyone in this forum)

There was a kid named Bholu . one day Bholu went to market to buy a underwear as he needed one ,he had 40 Rs in his pocket. on his way to the market he met his friend, his friend asked him "hey where r u going?" Bholu replied "I'm going to the market to buy underwear with ventilation technology 8.1". His friend said " Hey Bholu don’t go for the old ventilation technology try the new underwear’s with ventilation technology 9.0 these are far better than the 8.1's."

Man, Bholu was glad :) so both friends went to the shop together. First bholu asked for the underwear with ventilation technology 8.1 of his size ,the shopkeeper replied "40 Rs sir." , again bholu asked for the new underwear with ventilation technology 9.0 of his size , the shopkeeper replied "70 Rs only". Bholu was shocked "70 rs!!! its costly ". but his dumb friend had a wise suggestion " hey bholu u can buy a underwear of smaller size with ventilation technology 9.0 and it will cost u 35 rs and you will save 5 rs too. compromise anything bholu but not the new ventilation technology 9.0!!!!!" .

Poor bholu on the suggestion of his friend bought a smaller sized underwear with ventilation technology 9.0 . Pity......... he has to wear the small underwear for next few months with his butt and groin choked all the time.
:(
but like all other stories this story has a happy ending ....he bought lollypops with the 5 rs he saved. :D

Bholu
*www.cqsb.qc.ca/hes/funny.gif

awwwwww..... every thing choked down there

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
May be "bholu" can compromise by cutting back :lol: . OUCH!
And t_g, the 9.0 ventilation system is much more advanced than the 8.1. I should know !!:p :lol:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think theres no point left in this topic..i .mean check any site,..most of them say tough Fx5200 supports direct x 9 it doenst have the power to run 9 X games ...then hell i ask Companies why give direct x 9 when the card is unable to run it in the first place...a Ti is hell a lot better...
And moreever i have lost damn money on Fx 5200 , until i got Gigabyte 5700 Fx Ultra....and man its good for me.... :p

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Yup, the FX5700 Ultra is better than the Ti. Infact, this card should have been the major card in the mid range segment, rather than the disappointing 5600.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
AlphaOmega said:
freshseasons, just out of curosity, how much did your current card cost you (final price)?
Hello i got the card 6 months back at 11,800 Bucks ...the details are...as follows
Card : Gigabyte NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
Memory on card : 128 MB DDR ,DVI-I connector ,,
Hope this helps u ...ofcourse the card will be damn cheap now....but preset price i dono any..

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Not a bad price for 6 months ago. What are your core and memory speeds.

Also, why don't you post some benchmark and game scores? I would like 3DMark 2001 and doom 3 (demo1) and far cry (benchemall). I have never actually seem a 5700 Ultra in action (I have seen a 5700 pure). If you do post the scores also tell me your sys config.

I can't wait for the scores :->

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons see this thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6532&start=0

and post ur benchmarks there too......

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok just give me 4 hours and i will post my benchmark there too...anyway ...think this will effect my benchmark...i just got an Athlon 2600XP ( Barton ) with Asus nforce 2 MOBO..and 512 MB Ram...I think My Processor will be the bottle neck but hell...i will post them whatever...Till then ..Tada :p

sahil170

Right off the assembly line
Umm Discussion about a TI 4200 vs Fx 5200 eh. It should be a no show a ti 4200 is better then the fx 5600. AND all the talk of Sm 2.0 and DX 9.0 effects. Lets get it staright FX cards cannot handle Shaders period, look at any DX 9.0 game even an FX 5950 resorts to DX 8.1 settings. Basically the whole FX series is avoidable.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
sahil170 said:
Lets get it staright FX cards cannot handle Shaders period, look at any DX 9.0 game even an FX 5950 resorts to DX 8.1 settings. Basically the whole FX series is avoidable.

Finally ppl who agree with me .............. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom