GF 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I want to buy GeForce 6600 non GT for myself. I'm looking for good brand. Is Gainward available here in India. I asked my dealer he was offering me BIG 256MB GF 6600 for Rs. 7000 and Asus GF 6600 for Rs. 11,000. Why such a huge differance between these two brands. Plz recommend me some other good brands apart from BIG and XFX. Also if possible give me apporx price.

D

deadman

And i thought u were talking aboutGF(GIRLFRIEND) no. 6600

deadman is here

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@parimal
why do u have to use the general section for your hardware related query ??? u are 101 posts old and u should know where to post what .. i dont wanna be rude but not posting in the approprate sections just clutters the forum .. there are sections created for specific posts. and u must be knowing that there is a sticky specially for graphics card related queries.

mods plz move this post there.

now coming to the answer well BIG is a decent brand but for 7,000/- u will easily get gainward which is the best. gainward is available in india from mediatech , check www.mediatechindia.com

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Get Ati x 700 at almost same price..the perforce is equal to gf 6600 gt...
Otherwise wait a bit nd get ati x1k series which should be retailing for around 5-6k or get 6600gtat reduced price agter some time.normal 6600 is already outdated nd games like fear get the hell out of it

Kniwor

Learner
sidewinder said:
Otherwise wait a bit nd get ati x1k series which should be retailing for around 5-6k

where did u get that info from...coz if that's true...I'll be happy...but i doubt....

what's the cost of x800

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
^^6600GT supports 128/256MB of gddr3 memory clocked @ 1Ghz or 1000Mhz whereas the memory on the 6600 is plain ddr1 memory clocked @ 550Mhz. The core on the 6600GT is clocked @ 500Mhz while its clocked to 350-375Mhz on the 6600 depending on the card maker. The 6600GT is significantly faster than the 6600. I would recommend spending the extra 3k on it.

goobimama

 Macboy
@bladerunner: now I didn't know that! Thanks for the info buddy. Makes me change my mind about the non GT thing....and one more ques, is the 6600GT slower than the 6800 non GT? what is the difference between em'?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
6600 GT
===== =======
Core Clock: 500 MHz
Memory Clock: 1000 MHz
Memory: GDDR3
Mem. subsystem: 128 bit
Pixel Pipelines: 8

6800 Plain/Non Ultra
=================
Core Clock: 375 MHz
Memory Clock: 700 MHz
Memory: DDR
Mem. subsystem: 256 bit
Pixel Pipelines: 12

Thus u see, with this specifications 6600GT will run games better at medium to high resolutions WITHOUT AA/AF turned on.

But once AA/AF is turned on 6800 Plain/Non Ultra will show better performance over 6600GT.

But 6600GT is priced lower than 6800 plain/NonUltra and for hardcore gamers 6600GT gives the BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
goobimama said:
@bladerunner: now I didn't know that! Thanks for the info buddy. Makes me change my mind about the non GT thing....and one more ques, is the 6600GT slower than the 6800 non GT? what is the difference between em'?
Yeah the 6800GT is twice as fast as the 6600GT, the difference being the architecture, the 6800GT has 16 pixel pipelines and 6 vertex pipelines whereas the 6600GT has 8 pixel pipelines and 3 vertex pipes. However with the new generations of graphics cards like the x1800xt series even pixel pipelines isnt a good indicator of the performance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom