Getting Rid of TataSky...

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I came onto this forum... Need some help on DTH services and looking forward to your feedback.

I am planning to give the TataSky connection that i have for more than 3 years a kick in the rear end. All because they do not provide the one channel which all of a sudden has become critical to my daily TV watching. Ten Action+. I have called the CC of TataSky for information about when are they gonna provide the channel. They all give vague answers which gives me the idea that they don't care. So i finally made up my mind that its time to change.

So i was wondering which one to go for. Since newer providers have come into the market, but i had turned a blind eye to them as i already had a DTH connection. So i am not updated on which is better and which is not. For channel packages and cheaper price i am considering DishTV. I am also open to Airtel and BigTV (but I hate Reliance, So probably wont be taking it). also the new Videocon D2H is something of a juicy proposition with cheaper packages and number channels. Please let me know about your experience about Dish TV or Videocon D2H. I am inclined towards these two.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
DishTV all the way. Zee has some sort of deal with Ten. So, these two guys have good relations between them.

My mom paid just 108rs/Month.And we are getting some 15+ telugu channels, Complete star package, ESPN, complete TEN package (Sports, Action+, Cricket). Best VFM package I've ever heard. Not to mention.. DishTV has HD transmission of TEN.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah I would be going for the Annual package which comes with the Rs. 3550. It has something around 219 channels+Active services.

Being an older firm i am sure DishTV is better than VideoconD2H in this matter. But i have heard a lot of good things about VideoconD2H.. and the 253 channels package does seem a little enticing. Airtel is a tad expensive and lower number of channels. Although being a TataSky owner, paying more is something we are used to!!! :sad:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, TEN is owned by Zee. And Dish TV is owned by Zee too. So, there you get the answer.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I personally opted for Dish TV (some time ago) solely due to the fact it broadcasted all sport related channels I desired, while Tata Sky didn't provide Zee Sports, now Ten Action+.
DishTV is a decent choice.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
But how is the after sales service of DishTV? Good, bad or ugly? I have read here and there that their CC is pathetic and don't really help out in case of some issues you may face with STB or connection related problems. Are they prompt?
Oh... the most critical thing... what happens when it rains?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But how is the after sales service of DishTV? Good, bad or ugly? I have read here and there that their CC is pathetic and don't really help out in case of some issues you may face with STB or connection related problems. Are they prompt?
Oh... the most critical thing... what happens when it rains?
Customer Care doesn't exist in India.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Their CC is OK but usually takes a very long time for them to pick up the phone. CC of airtel is much better but i'm not sure if they offer Ten Action+.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Its basically a face off between Videocon D2H vs DishTV. I am thinking about quantity and decent quality and not excellent quality this time. The lower channels on Airtel don't attract me.

But how frequently does the connection get disconnected once its starts to rain? Is it for hours?

Rahim

Married!
TATA Sky is the most inflexible( read arrogant) DTH out there. Ten Action is so important with their football coverage.
I too am going with Dish TV. I hope the rumour about bad feed during rainy season is just a rumour. Or is it?

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
That is the one thing i would like to know... How often does it get disconnected and for how long??

Waiting for some feedback on Videocon D2H as well.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Not willing to take on Airtel... As they have very few channels. Only 174. Plus two or three other important channels are missing as well.

Krow

Crowman
I got an STB from my local cable wallah and I get all the channels for 300 bucks a month. With recording feature. STB cost 1500 bucks or so.

prttal

Broken In
Considering some other points, (a) if you buy DishTV HD instead of TataSky HD or Airtel HD, you get 30 HD channels instead of 2 or 3.

(b) Interface of TataSky+ HD is best amongst all.

(c) There is a separate TV which is from Sony which if you connect with a modem, streams TV from the internet.

(d) Airtel has left some Channel nos. It means:
For eg; it goes from 141-142 to directly 147 and then 160 and so on. These have been left for addition of channels in near future.

(e) Videocon probably won't be able to provide much Customer Support due to very less no of consumers and less areas of coverage in India.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Just asked my uncle about DishTV. He was using it earlier but removed it as DishTV were cheating them. They got a combo plan where you pay Rs150 second connection onwards. The first connection was in our home and second in theirs. DishTV guys said that they'll charge Rs 150 only, but they sent bills of Rs 150 to both him and my parents and they kept paying the bills for about 6 months before they realised this. Their CC was totally crap and refused to do anything, so they removed it and settled with cable instead.

Top Bottom