Getting an error message whenever the computer boots! What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I recently found that I get the following message whenever I start or reboot my PC.
Intel(R) Manageability Engine(ME) requires a DIMM in Channel 0.
ME is non-operational until this is complied with.
Press the Enter key to continue.

This started after yesterday when my PC Cabinet fell down from the table. Could the impact have caused the problem? The PC was behaving weird hence I replaced the RAM into another slot. Could this be the problem as well?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Most probably that seems to be a RAM problem. How many RAM slots u have? Insert it in another slot and then see. Or change that RAM with another for some time and then see if the problem exists or not.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Most probably that seems to be a RAM problem. How many RAM slots u have? Insert it in another slot and then see. Or change that RAM with another for some time and then see if the problem exists or not.
As mentioned initially when the Cabinet fell down. I started the PC to find the screen behaving weird. So I replaced the RAM by placing it in an another slot. Since I replaced it in another slot the error message started.

Termin@L

Broken In
TS the ram by using in another compatible mobo n also try diff ram in diff slots alternately on UR mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom