Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhruva_scd

Right off the assembly line
hello all..

I'm facing this very strange problem for quite sometime now......it's something over which i've changed my anti virus from avast to Nod-32 to AVG(free) and even formatted my PC but to NO HELP ,....

Problem is Whenever i connect to internet through my Sify connection after sometime (time range varies ) i get this msg which states

"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" and my internet connection broke away and i can't go Online & my sound card also freezes out until I Restart my PC .

I don't know what's the reason behind it....
Plz Help !!

Thanxx

--Im using WINDOWS XP sp 2

paroh

Padawan
I decided to write this entry for the sake of those ppl who want to get their computer back to normal. All you’ve got to do is to close port 135 and 445. So here’s what you’ve got to do:

How to close port 445

Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) by clicking Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type: regedit then click the OK button.
The Registry Editor will now have opened…
Locate the following key in the registry:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
In the right-hand side of the window find an option called TransportBindName.
Double click that value, and then delete the default value, thus giving it a blank value.

The you must now navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE
You will see there is a String Value called: EnableDCOM
Set the value to: N (it should currently be Y)
Close the Registry Editor.
Shutdown and Restart your computer.

You could also disabled NETbios. But I’ve found that by disabling these two, my computer get back to normal without re-formatting my computer etc. Hope you can get rid of this faulting application “svchost exe” problem. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom