coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1920X1080P
Processor: Intel Core i5 @3.5GHz+ or AMD FX 8-core
Memory: 16 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM)
Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290X
Hard Drive: 60 GB available space
DirectX 12

Make a game for XO. Port it to Win with improper optimization. Add some ultimate edition tag & crazy system requirements. From the specs, it feels like the DX12 ported games are getting emulated. Else why need 4GB VRAM and 16GB ram? Can't be a coincidence that Quantum Break posts exactly similar specs.

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Appreciate regional pricing. I was negative about getting windows store exclusive games , but this certainly adds one plus point. Still my first purchase there will be some really good XboxOne/Windows Store exclusive like say, Read Dead Redemption 2 or Gears of War 4 :p

Kaltrops

In the zone
Appreciate regional pricing. I was negative about getting windows store exclusive games , but this certainly adds one plus point. Still my first purchase there will be some really good XboxOne/Windows Store exclusive like say, Read Dead Redemption 2 or Gears of War 4 :p
Red Dead 2! Lol, I wish :)

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Well at least Microsoft is making some sort of effort to bring Xbox games to the PC.. ( though I hate it's win 10 exclusive)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

gameranand

Living to Play
Well at least Microsoft is making some sort of effort to bring Xbox games to the PC.. ( though I hate it's win 10 exclusive)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
No they are not. They are just trying to do dirty business, you want to bring a game to PC fine, bring it everywhere like Steam, Origin, Uplay etc if you want DRM and GOG if you can do without DRM. If you want to make something exclusive to you, fine do this the way its done.
First make a platform and let it mature and then go on exclusive business. Look at EA, they made Origin quite some time ago and still were selling on Steam and other places. Only after they made it to somehow work, they went on exclusive business.
I agree Origin is not perfect but it works and gives the user freedom to do things (Modding, ini modifications, sweetfx) and not restricts them.

Top Bottom