GDC 2005: Meqon Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
GDC 2005: Meqon Physics

Meqon's 2.0 physics suite is causing quite a stir at this year's Game Developers Conference. The physics middleware program, most notably employed by 3D Realms in its mysterious Duke Nukem Forever title, claims to boast more lifelike physical interactions than anything else on the market.

-------------
Read more

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, I've heard about this one. Cant wait to finally see it in action when DNF or more probably, some other gaming employing the engine will come out. Hmm, all the physics goodness of Havok 2.0 is already outdated. :lol: BTW, talking about the GDC 05, weren't they supposed to showcase the PS3 and the XBox 2 this year at the GDC. My connection's gone kaput, so I've got to wait and check it out. I dont think they've unveiled it yet, otherwise the news blogs would be overflowing right about now. Maybe we gotta wait until May and the E3. :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@enoonmai: they revealed some details of the new Xbox...u can find a thread in this section....but the PS3 is set 2 b unveiled b4 E3 but the Xbox 2, PS3, and Nintendo Revolution r gonna b showcased at E3 this year...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
The cloth movement looks realistic. The box movement is ok. Wonder how well will it translate into a game using this physics engine.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Download these too
really awesome

*www.meqon.com/downloadarea/meqon-demos-1.4.zip

*www.meqon.com/downloadarea/jeepdemo-1.4.zip

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
AGEIA Acquires Meqon Research AB

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 1, 2005 – AGEIA™ Technologies, Inc., the pioneer in hardware-accelerated physics for games, today announced that it has acquired Meqon Research AB, a physics development company based in Sweden. Known for its forward-looking features and multi-platform support, Meqon recently earned international acclaim in the games world for its physics technology incorporated in 3D Realms’ Duke Nukem Forever and Saber Interactive’s TimeShift.

With this key acquisition, AGEIA will gain ownership of the Meqon Game Dynamics SDK, a developer-focused physics solution that has earned rave reviews from leading developers for its technical innovations, stability, ease of implementation and support. Meqon’s technology will be incorporated into the AGEIA PhysX™ SDK, adding extensive new capabilities for game developers.

In addition, the Meqon acquisition will augment the highly skilled engineering team at AGEIA with Meqon’s talented team of engineers, who offer some of the industry’s most advanced physics expertise. At the same time, AGEIA will make every effort to support current Meqon customers and provide a smooth transition to next-generation versions of the AGEIA PhysX SDK. more

www.ageia.com
www.meqon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom