Gates leaks 'Halo 3' release date ... maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Gates leaks 'Halo 3' release date ... maybe

"It's perfect," Gates was quoted as saying. "The day Sony launches, and they walk right into Halo 3."

Great, so that settles that. Or does it?

Asked about the reported comment last week, Microsoft's Xbox chief wasn't willing to go nearly as far as Gates. Robbie Bach, Microsoft senior vice president and chief Xbox officer, declined to say when the company's internal Bungie Studios would have the next installment in the "Halo" franchise prepared for release.

"We haven't announced anything on what Bungie is doing or where we're going with the future of the 'Halo' franchise," Bach said. "With all respect to Bill, I don't run Bungie's studio, and neither does he. We'll work with the Bungie guys and let people know" when they have something to announce.

Gates is the boss, after all, but it was the second time in recent weeks that he appeared to say more than the Xbox team might have wanted him to. Leading up to the Xbox 360 unveiling, Gates let it slip during a speech that the console would ship this year -- not exactly a surprise at that point, but still something that the Xbox team had been trying to keep secret until the unveiling.

Read More/Source: SeattlePI

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
What's happening? I think that atleast he should now make Longhorn's date also to slip as Longhorn's is being delayed too much with a lot of hype before release.

slashworkninja

Right off the assembly line
Re

Well of all the....

What is microsoft thinking? The cell powered PS3 is better than their own processing unit. If sony wins and halo 3 sales are dismal on that day where will they hide in shame?

But you have to give credit to microsoft. they are pushing their considerable weight in the industry and that is good for the competitiuon and for the end users.

Looks like another war is brewing and we know what happened in "The Browser War"

raj14

In Deniel
I think microsoft, revealed X360 a little too early. They should Launced the console w/ Halo 3. Just wish title is not delayed...... Well, PS3 clearly Out performs X360 in CPU power. Guess MS loves to hype its Products. But hey, We're talking abt Good ol' MS here. We dont know what gates cooking. PS: Last night i bought a Limited Halo 2 Edition Xbox. Its icey dark blue! So awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom