Gaming woe - system restarts while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming woe - system shuts down while gaming

Hello people.. This is my first post..
My computer shuts down whenever i play a graphics intensive game like bioshock or fallout. Everything is fine for about 5 minutes and then the system shuts down without any warning. I took it to my hardware vendor and he was as puzzled as myself. He decided to send my motherboard, graphics card and cpu for service as he was not sure which component was faulty. The cpu was found to be faulty and replaced. The motherboard and graphics card were returned back and i was told that they were in good condition. After assembling the components again i face the same problem. This occur only while gaming and i can do other tasks like watching movies for hours without any issues. My system configuration is as follows:

intel core2duo E6550
asus P5N E SLI motherboard
evga geforce 9600 gt
transcend 512 * 2 ddr2 667 + transcend 1gb ddr2
iball 400 watts psu
seagate 160 gb hdd(7200 rpm)
sony DRU 810 optical drive

one more thing that i forgot to mention earlier is that my zebronics psu(smps) kicked the bucket recently and replaced it with the iball one. My computer worked fine for about a week before i started facing this problem.

Last edited:

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
It seems that you have problem in your SMPS or RAM. Try to get the both components checked. Try removing 1 RAM he you have two.

OP
I

insanityslimit

Broken In
Hey guys.. I had accidentally mentioned that the system restarts.. The system actually shuts down. No heating issue. That has been verified

red_devil

Back!
new CPU, no damage to Motherboard or Graphics card ... and since you're able to watch movies for hours, I don't think there is any trouble with the RAM either [like it not being compatible with mobo or anything like that ]

case of OS crash or anything like that ??

sdhiraj1

Broken In
Don't waste your time, check all the components by replacing one by one at your hardware vendor. The problem mainly comes from psu. I had faced same problem the fault was in psu.

OP
I

insanityslimit

Broken In
No heating issues... I tried with an open cabinet with the air conditioner directed towards it...
Thanks sdhiraj1... I will try with my old psu and let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom