Gaming Rig within 35K max

Surojit Ghosh

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I wanna make a gaming rig for my friend under 35k. He insists sticking to intel processors and AMD GPU but I'd like to consider Nvidia too so please suggests alternates if they are better/economical than AMD.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Gaming mainly, FPS games like COD, DOTA, CS. Other than this, ms-office, skype, steam gaming client, multimedia like KMplayer and winamp. That's more or less it.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k max. just period there.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or 8 but not ultimate. Home premium more likely

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Minimum 1 TB but SSD not required

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Monitor needed above 20 inches. But I'm skeptical of Dell or Viewsonic. I live in kolkata. Dell, last I heard, didn't have a service centre. Samsung might be the best choice

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Basically nuthing but a mouse and speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible. Within this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built many before

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I'm from kolkata. I prefer buying locally but if there is something very good available online and i cant get it locally, ill buy online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need PSU, Cabinet (least concern but without any mesh body), and UPS of at least 600 VA (preferably APC please)

Please keep in mind, I am going to buy from Kolkata. It doesnt have a very large selection of products. Thank you!!

Modifying TDF's 30k config-

Processor
AMD FX 6300
CPU Cooler
Stock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-78LMT-USB34,200
MemoryCorsair Value Select 4 GB 1600 MHz2,600
Graphics CardSapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5 Boost5,300
Power SupplyAntec VP450P
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell E2014H6,200
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
USP
APC RS 600 600 VA USP
Total36,290

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Modifying TDF's 30k config-

Processor
AMD FX 4300
CPU Cooler
Stock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-78LMT-USB34,200
MemoryCorsair Value Select 4 GB 1600 MHz2,600
Graphics CardSapphire R7 250x7,750
Power SupplyAntec VP450P
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell E2014H6,200
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
USP
APC RS 600 600 VA USP
Total~37,000

this should be better i guess :)

OP
S

Surojit Ghosh

Hi, thank you all for the configs but you didn't notice that I wanted Intel processors and no Optical Drive and a monitor of Samsung.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
i3 4130- 7k
Gigabyte B85m-d3h- 5k
Corsair value ram 4gb - 2.6k
Antec vp450-2.5k
local cabby-1k
WD Blue 1tb- 3.5k
APC 600 va ups- 2.3k
Logitech MK200- Rs.750
Dell S2240l-8.5k
Sapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5 Boost- 5.5k

I would stick with the amd build for a 35k budget though.

Samsung monitors above 20 inch will exceed your budget. And Dell is fine. I have been using one myself for the past 2 years. No issues whatsoever.
Samsung monitors above 20 inch will exceed your budget. And Dell is fine. I have been using one myself for the past 2 years. No issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you all for the configs but you didn't notice that I wanted Intel processors and no Optical Drive and a monitor of Samsung.

> Why and Intel processor? At this budget you would only get an i3 which is inferior to FX 6300.

> Kolkata does have Dell service centers. Check here- Dell Carry-In Service Centers

> skipping the optical drive will get you FX 6300 and R7 250x.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

stick to the suggested amd config.that dell monitor is really good.you cant get something better from samsung for its price.

OP
S

Surojit Ghosh

> Why and Intel processor? At this budget you would only get an i3 which is inferior to FX 6300.

> Kolkata does have Dell service centers. Check here- Dell Carry-In Service Centers

> skipping the optical drive will get you FX 6300 and R7 250x.

Hi, actually my friend simply doesn't want AMD. Its just his preference. So I'll go with the i3. And thank you fr the link of Dell. And yes, he doesn't need an optical drive. Thanks to all fr this help! :)

- - - Updated - - -

i3 4130- 7k
Gigabyte B85m-d3h- 5k
Antec vp450-2.5k
local cabby-1k
WD Blue 1tb- 3.5k
APC 600 va ups- 2.3k
Logitech MK200- Rs.750
Dell S2240l-8.5k
Sapphire R7 240 1GB DDR5 Boost- 5.5k

I would stick with the amd build for a 35k budget though.

Thank you for this build. :D

Hi, actually my friend simply doesn't want AMD. Its just his preference. So I'll go with the i3. And thank you fr the link of Dell. And yes, he doesn't need an optical drive. Thanks to all fr this help! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Explain him man. With this Intel config all you'll get is R7 240. With the AMD build you're getting R7 250X. Why go with inferior product for no reason?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

- - - Updated - - -

try to convince him. if he is still not willing to change, let him enjoy games in low resolution ;). you are not going to suffer, we are not going to suffer; he is the only sufferer;)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Lol convince him man. The AMD route is the way to go. The R7 250x is way way better than the R7 240.

If you use a low end mobo like an h81, you can fit the R7 250x, I suppose. But since you can OC the fx6300 that is indeed the better build.

Anyway:-

i3 4130- 7k
Gigabyte H81m-s1/MSI H81m-p3 - 3.5k
Antec vp450-2.5k
local cabby-1k
WD Blue 1tb- 3.5k
APC 600 va ups- 2.3k
Logitech MK200- Rs.750
Dell S2240l-8.5k
Sapphire R7 250x boost- 7k

Top Bottom