Gaming rig under 75K

JaiHindustan

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming and watching movies. Battlefield 5, Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Upcoming) etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 75k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB, No SSD needed.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already have a Samsung B2330H (23inch, 1920x1080) it have DVI, VGA and HDMI connectivity. If i can use this monitor with new GPU, it would be really helpful in overall budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard, Mice, Speaker.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: October.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have never built a desktop before. To be assembled from where i am planning to buy.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Ernakulam, Kerala. I am very much interested in buying from MDComputers if i am not able to get all the components locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am currently using an ancient AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ from 2009. My GPU was an XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition which served me for 5 years. This system is currently coming to its end. I was not been able to built a gaming rig till now. I regularly follow this forum. I would be more than happy if the guys in here can help me in choosing the rig.
I am really confused between choosing AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and Intel Core i5 9400f.

Last edited:
OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
I had to change my cpu from AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ to 3800+ due to motherboard issues. My GPU was repaired twice from Rashi Peripherals at Kochi and used until it died.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can comfortably fit Ryzen 3600 in this budget.
You don't need SSD because you already have one? or you don't need it because you don't need it?
If you don't have an SSD, get one. There is a huge difference when using your system with SSD. This is coming from who used SSD with a decade old PC and really appreciate it.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
You can comfortably fit Ryzen 3600 in this budget.
You don't need SSD because you already have one? or you don't need it because you don't need it?
If you don't have an SSD, get one. There is a huge difference when using your system with SSD. This is coming from who used SSD with a decade old PC and really appreciate it.

So, getting Ryzen 3600 with a B450 motherboard will require bios update? i too want to have this CPU. But, i haven't done bios update ever. So that's the main reason i want to go for Intel.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
I have prepared a config for Ryzen and one for Intel.

AMD

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

ASUS PRIME B450M-A

G.SKILL F4-3200C16S-16GTZR 16GBx1 3200MHz

ZOTAC RTX 2060 AMP
or
ZOTAC GTX 1660 Ti AMP

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 7200RPM

SEASONIC S12II 620W

COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB

APC 1.1 KVA 230V BX1100C-IN

INTEL

INTEL CORE i5 9400F

ASUS ROG STRIX B365G GAMING

G-SKILL RIPJAWS V 8GB F4-2666C19S-8GVR

ZOTAC RTX 2060 AMP
or
ZOTAC GTX 1660 Ti AMP

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 7200RPM

SEASONIC S12II 620W

COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB500

APC 1.1 KVA 230V BX1100C-IN

I can able to include RTX 2060 with Intel as Ryzen 5 3600 is 6k more than I5 9400f. I really would like to include Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2060 and still don't want to extend beyond 75k. I am hoping to use my current monitor for this set up. I don't know if that's possible (connectivity issues or something). I would really appreciate if u guys suggest me if above two configurations are good or requires changing. If my budget permits i would like to buy an SSD as nac suggested. Please help. I would only be getting my system in October. But still i would like to finalize everything within this month. Local stores here are of little help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ryzen 3600--17k
asus tuf gaming plus x570--17k
intel 660p 512gb NVMe ssd--5k
WD Blue 2TB--4k
asus/zotac RTX2060--30k
2*8gb adata 3200MHz ddr4 ram--6.8k
corsair 100R cabinet--3k
corsair CX550 psu--4.4k

Very good config if you can extend budget(think of long term) but if not possible then replace with below:
Asrock B450 Pro 4--7k (don't think about getting any B450 mobo except this one with ryzen 3xxx,if not getting this then directly jump to x570 mobo or drop the ryzen 3xxx processor)

Also do not buy any seasonic psu as currently in India only available seasonic psu are old models discontinued/soon to be discontinued abroad(new seasonic models not launched in india). If looking for glass panel cabinet then go with MB511(aka do not go with any cabinet that does not have front mashed panel,these ryzen 3xxx/9th gen intel runs hot & coupled with hot climate here a full glass front panel/inadequate ventilation in cabinet will result in excess heat).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Your monitor is a 60Hz one right? Unless you plan to upgrade to a 144Hz one soon, any GPU above say RX570/RX580 or GTX 1060 would be wasted on it.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
ryzen 3600--17k
asus tuf gaming plus x570--17k
intel 660p 512gb NVMe ssd--5k
WD Blue 2TB--4k
asus/zotac RTX2060--30k
2*8gb adata 3200MHz ddr4 ram--6.8k
corsair 100R cabinet--3k
corsair CX550 psu--4.4k

Very good config if you can extend budget(think of long term) but if not possible then replace with below:
Asrock B450 Pro 4--7k (don't think about getting any B450 mobo except this one with ryzen 3xxx,if not getting this then directly jump to x570 mobo or drop the ryzen 3xxx processor)

Also do not buy any seasonic psu as currently in India only available seasonic psu are old models discontinued/soon to be discontinued abroad(new seasonic models not launched in india). If looking for glass panel cabinet then go with MB511(aka do not go with any cabinet that does not have front mashed panel,these ryzen 3xxx/9th gen intel runs hot & coupled with hot climate here a full glass front panel/inadequate ventilation in cabinet will result in excess heat).

I will go with Corsair 100r as you suggested. I have read that Seasonic psu or the best thats why i chose that one. i have no idea about the present Seasonic situation. I will happily go with Corsair CX550.
Since B45O motherboards wont support Ryzen 3600 out of box. May be newer models do, is there any point in waiting for new models or shall i go with i5 9400f and a B365 motherboard. Anything above 75k is not possible for me. Thats why i want to use my current monitor for this set up.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So, getting Ryzen 3600 with a B450 motherboard will require bios update? i too want to have this CPU. But, i haven't done bios update ever. So that's the main reason i want to go for Intel.
Yes, if the box doesn't have Ryzen 3000 ready sticker it will require BIOS update.
And don't go for B450M-A, better go for Asrock B450 Pro4 or Fata1aty Gaming4. People who recently bought from IT Depot and MD Computers said the boards are Ryzen 3000 ready. So you don't have to worry about BIOS update. Anyway, check with the sellers before buying. If it needs BIOS update, you can ask them to do it for you.
Like Saiyan said, for 1080p 580/1060 is sufficient. Since price difference isn't much, you can even go for GTX 1660. Anything more than that is too much for 1080p. If you're thinking about 2k, then you can go for RTX 2060.

1660 + X570 will fit your budget or
2060 + B450 will fit your budget or
1660 + B450 if you want to save some money

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Your monitor is a 60Hz one right? Unless you plan to upgrade to a 144Hz one soon, any GPU above say RX570/RX580 or GTX 1060 would be wasted on it.
Yes, my monitor is 60Hz. Since i am not able to extend my budget from 75k, sticking with this monitor is my only option. Do you think my monitor will work with GTX 1660Ti/RTX 2060 GPUs.? I don't know about connectivity. If not, what do i have to do?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All you need is a monitor with hdmi port & it will work with any graphics card.

B450 mobos with newer bios support ryzen 3xxx but it is still recommended to get x570 mobo if possible in budget.Don't wait for new b450 models as those won't be much different from current b450 mobos assuming they will even launch.Go with asrock B450 Pro 4 as one member here recently bought it for use with his ryzen 3600 & it is working fine with a minor issue of pc sleep function not working correctly sometimes.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, my monitor is 60Hz. Since i am not able to extend my budget from 75k, sticking with this monitor is my only option. Do you think my monitor will work with GTX 1660Ti/RTX 2060 GPUs.? I don't know about connectivity. If not, what do i have to do?
If it has HDMI, any modern GPU would work fine. Desktop 2060 is more like a 1440p60, 1080p144 GPU IMO. That's why I said it would be wasted on a 60Hz 1080p monitor.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Yes, if the box doesn't have Ryzen 3000 ready sticker it will require BIOS update.
And don't go for B450M-A, better go for Asrock B450 Pro4 or Fata1aty Gaming4. People who recently bought from IT Depot and MD Computers said the boards are Ryzen 3000 ready. So you don't have to worry about BIOS update. Anyway, check with the sellers before buying. If it needs BIOS update, you can ask them to do it for you.
Like Saiyan said, for 1080p 580/1060 is sufficient. Since price difference isn't much, you can even go for GTX 1660. Anything more than that is too much for 1080p. If you're thinking about 2k, then you can go for RTX 2060.

1660 + X570 will fit your budget or
2060 + B450 will fit your budget or
1660 + B450 if you want to save some money

Is Asus B450M-A mobo not good? When i checked Asus India site, B450M-A is listed as Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready. Sorry for asking this, i am more inclined towards Asus mobos as it has served me well for the past 11 years. That's why. if the B450 motherboards are not Ryzen 3000 ready is it possible to ask them to update bios when ordering online(I don't know anything about buying computer components online). As for GPU i will go with GTX 1660. there's 4k difference between GTX 1660 and GTX 1660 Ti.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
If it has HDMI, any modern GPU would work fine. Desktop 2060 is more like a 1440p60, 1080p144 GPU IMO. That's why I said it would be wasted on a 60Hz 1080p monitor.
Thank you so much for clarifying. Right now my only option is to stick with my old monitor. I opt to go for GTX 1660. I will go with GTX 1660 will X570 will fit my budget as nac suggested.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
From the top of my head, that has only 1 m.2 slot, is a micro ATX mobo and has fewer pcie slots because of the form factor.
Can you suggest any mobos on B450/X570 from Asus. Asus local service here is very good according to my experience. I don't know about Asrock mobos. There is one service centre here, though in Kochi.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is Asus B450M-A mobo not good? When i checked Asus India site, B450M-A is listed as Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready. Sorry for asking this, i am more inclined towards Asus mobos as it has served me well for the past 11 years. That's why. if the B450 motherboards are not Ryzen 3000 ready is it possible to ask them to update bios when ordering online(I don't know anything about buying computer components online). As for GPU i will go with GTX 1660. there's 4k difference between GTX 1660 and GTX 1660 Ti.
B450M-A is not good enough for Ryzen 3600. If you really want to stick with ASUS boards, then B450 TUF M PRO Gaming is a decent one, for ATX you can check STRIX, but it is expensive. B450 chipset boards are compatible with Ryzen 3000. But if they are made before the launch of Ryzen 3000, they will have older BIOS which need update before using it with Ryzen 3000 CPU. Yes, seller on request will update BIOS for you. Both online and offline sellers, some may charge you for that.
From the top of my head, that has only 1 m.2 slot, is a micro ATX mobo and has fewer pcie slots because of the form factor.
Real estate is one thing, and board makers may like to cut cost. Asrock boards tend to have more feature rich things than Asus for the price.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But if they are made before the launch of Ryzen 3000, they will have older BIOS which need update before using it with Ryzen 3000 CPU. Yes, seller on request will update BIOS for you. Both online and offline sellers, some may charge you for that.
IIRC, 3rd gen ryzen CPUs need 128Mb bios chips too and that's why those with lesser roms might not work even with the update.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you suggest any mobos on B450/X570 from Asus. Asus local service here is very good according to my experience. I don't know about Asrock mobos. There is one service centre here, though in Kochi.
Best X570 mobo for its price currently is asus tuf gaming plus x570 available for 17k which is a bit on the costlier side but it is worth its price.Or you can go with gigabyte gaming x x570 mobo for 15k(for aftersales support you can contact their official rep on reddit India who is very helpful & usually talking to him results in very smooth rma experience).

IIRC, 3rd gen ryzen CPUs need 128Mb bios chips too and that's why those with lesser roms might not work even with the update.
Indeed & that's why to make older gen b450/x470 mobos compatible,a "lite version of bios" is made which cuts down some existing features of those mobos & some other things to keep the bios rom size small.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
BIOS needs higher memory to accommodate more CPUs. Not enough space to write codes for 4 generations of CPUs. I don't think it has anything to do with not working properly with Ryzen 3000.

Top Bottom