Gaming rig suggestion for 50k

Asking this for a friend of mine. He currently has an i3 530 and GTX570 and want to upgrade his system.

I am not going by that pre-done format but making my own here.

- Budget: ₹50000 (Could be increased if needed)

- Main purpose for the rig: Gaming

- What will be purchased: Only CPU, GPU and Motherboard. He has 10 gigs of RAM, so that should suffice, and he has a 550W PSU (Corsair), which he can change if the GPU asks so. He has all other stuffs, a monitor, hard drives etc.

- Gaming resolution: 1080p | OS: Windows 7

- Plan to Overclock: He doesn't know what OC is, so no.

That's about it. As I mentioned the rig will be used primarily for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4590 -14000,
Gigabyte H97M-D3H -7200,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Dell S2240L LED IPS -8000,
Zotac GTX 960 2GB -17800,
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO -1600.
TOTAL -52,400.

OP
B

black_mamba

Banned
Ha ha, thanks dude. But there's absolutely no need for a monitor, or a hard drive at this moment, as I said on OP. He has those things.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ha ha, thanks dude. But there's absolutely no need for a monitor, or a hard drive at this moment, as I said on OP. He has those things.

You edited your specifications after I suggested you a RIG.

Intel Core i5 4590 -14000,
MSI H97-PC Mate -8000,
Zotac GTX 970 4GB -26800,
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO -1600.
TOTAL -50,400.

Last edited:
OP
B

black_mamba

Banned
Okay thanks. I actually just added the line he has a monitor and hard drive, but nothing else was changed, like this line was there from first, Only CPU, GPU and Motherboard :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
which PSU? VS series?

Go with bssunil's rig, just omit the CPU cooler, stocl would do fine.
Also if he has a Corsair VS 550, I'd suggest to buy a Seasonic S12II 520W.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Corsair VS is the lowest you can get. And for longevity you must avoid it.

Either go with seasonic or if you want to save cost by not compromising quality then go for Antec vp550p v2. Beats the hell out of any psu in this range with 45amps on 12volt rail.
You should be able to get that antec for much less than Rs 4k at the local market.

OP
B

black_mamba

Banned
I have already suggested him the rig Sunil mentioned. Now two things, is it a must to change his PSU? I will ask him what exact model is that.

And another thing he was asking, could he use his old GPU for some thing? I mean his GTX570? Or it's better to sell it?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I have already suggested him the rig Sunil mentioned. Now two things, is it a must to change his PSU? I will ask him what exact model is that.

And another thing he was asking, could he use his old GPU for some thing? I mean his GTX570? Or it's better to sell it?

Yes please do ask him.

GTX 570 is a great GPU, he can reuse it. It will last atleast a year IMO.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman

Ok, clarify about the PSU part then.
And regarding the GPU. IMHO, its always better to sell older components while you can have better price now, if it doesn't have much use.
From personal experience I can tell you must these things just keep on piling up and the resale value just keeps on decreasing.

Don't try to search for a purpose. Just sell and save some money on the new built.

OP
B

black_mamba

Banned
Bringing the topic back. He decided not to update GPU at this point, but he wants to get a better CPU, i7 probably (or maybe i5), and a motherboard according to that. He has done some research of his own and selected a motherboard, which is the MSI Z87 MPOWER or MSI H97, he just needs to what processor would go fine with these?

Thanks.

DK_WD

WD Official
Bringing the topic back. He decided not to update GPU at this point, but he wants to get a better CPU, i7 probably (or maybe i5), and a motherboard according to that. He has done some research of his own and selected a motherboard, which is the MSI Z87 MPOWER or MSI H97, he just needs to what processor would go fine with these?

Thanks.

Hi [MENTION=299980]black_mamba[/MENTION],

Both MOBO is compatible with Intel i7 and i5 series. The MOBO socket have the same mounting hole layout so I'd guess that it fits fine.

Here are some option for you, based on your requirement.

Intel i7-4790k or Intel i5-4690k
MSI H97

Good luck.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

Thanks.

get the H97, not 87 ones. You can go with any third gen i5/i7. I'd say go with i7 4790 ~21k

Top Bottom