Gaming RIG - Need help

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I went to 4-5shops and tried to get the quotes!

I went to primeabgb aswell but his quotes were expensive and he did not have Asus m5a97 evo r2.0

So this is the cheapest quote i got:

FX-6300 7500/-
Asus m5a97 EVO R2.0 - 7500/-
G Skill RipJaws 2*4GB Ram - 2*2700=5400/-
CM HAF 912 with window - 5500/-
Seasonic S12ii 620W - 5200/-
WD blue 1tb 4000/-
Sapphire 7950 OC with Boost 24,500/- [No one @lamington road has VAPOR-X version :( ]
Dell S2240L - 8500/-
--------------------------
TOTAL - 68,000/-

Is this worth it?

is the mobo evo version?
get gtx 760 at 19k rather than spending 25k on 7950 oc

other prices seems to be fine

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
is the mobo evo version?
get gtx 760 at 19k rather than spending 25k on 7950 oc

other prices seems to be fine

I got the Asus GTX 760
quote of 21k RS so its only a 3.5k difference with a very high OCing capability and 1gb extra VRAM. [Battlefield 4 recommends 3GB VRAM]

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I got the Asus GTX 760
quote of 21k RS so its only a 3.5k difference with a very high OCing capability and 1gb extra VRAM. [Battlefield 4 recommends 3GB VRAM]
for 1080p, 2gb is enough. if you go higher resolutions and multi monitor set ups, 3gb will be handy.760 can also be overclocked to get even more juice.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
for 1080p, 2gb is enough. if you go higher resolutions and multi monitor set ups, 3gb will be handy.760 can also be overclocked to get even more juice.

But battlefield 4's recommended hardware specs specify 3gb VRAM :( [And it's usually meant for 1080p]

UPDATE:

I am thinking of getting the 7870 for 16k rs, because i dont think its worth spending so much of my dads money on a gaming rig!

Also I am going to have a dual monitor setup with a 1080p [Dell s2240L] and a 900p [Viewsonic VA1912wb] monitor so please can some one tell me if the 7870 will support 2 monitors of different resolutions?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
trust me .. spend on the gpu as much as you can you take gaming seriously and if you want to save some bucks opt for manufacturers like zotac and get the non evo version of the motherboard.

You can run two monitors with different resolutions on a dual monitor setup.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
trust me .. spend on the gpu as much as you can you take gaming seriously and if you want to save some bucks opt for manufacturers like zotac and get the non evo version of the motherboard.

You can run two monitors with different resolutions on a dual monitor setup.

Okay then i think ill go with a 760 as my dad says dont go for the old card get the new one

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TBH GTX 760 is based on an old gpu architecture with few tweaks but nonetheless it's a very good gpu and to top it all your dad is also giving you the go code - so don't think twice and just get it .. if possible Asus GTX 760 DC2 Top while the stock cooled Zotac will cost you less the DC2 cooler is much better so you can OC your gpu to some good extent to increase it's performance further.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
TBH GTX 760 is based on an old gpu architecture with few tweaks but nonetheless it's a very good gpu and to top it all your dad is also giving you the go code - so don't think twice and just get it .. if possible Asus GTX 760 DC2 Top while the stock cooled Zotac will cost you less the DC2 cooler is much better so you can OC your gpu to some good extent to increase it's performance further.

I dont think there's a TOP version avilable for the gtx 760. It's only DC2, and i guess it will be around 22k

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
I am thinking of going with the FX 6300 + 7870 because we are on the edge of New Console cycle and a change in node architecture. I dont want to spend much now.
I think the 7870 will manage to play the games at high [not very high or ultra or maxed out] for another 1 year and then on mid for the next 6-7months after which i'll upgrade my gpu .. How is the plan?

The max i could do is try and find a 7870XT [ But it's not available with the retailers atm :( ]

I am thinking of going with the FX 6300 + 7870 because we are on the edge of New Console cycle and a change in node architecture. I dont want to spend much now.
I think the 7870 will manage to play the games at high [not very high or ultra or maxed out] for another 1 year and then on mid for the next 6-7months after which i'll upgrade my gpu .. How is the plan?

The max i could do is try and find a 7870XT [ But it's not available with the retailers atm :( ]

> We are not AT the edge, we have already CROSSED the edge. The architectural and other details have already been announced.

> If you are unable to find 7950, then get Zotac GTX760.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
> We are not AT the edge, we have already CROSSED the edge. The architectural and other details have already been announced.

> If you are unable to find 7950, then get Zotac GTX760.

Exactly thats why there is no point in buying a 25k or a 21k worth of graphic card now right?
If i go for the 7870 i save 9.5k rs [from the 7950] and 5.5k [from the 760] which will allow me to upgrade later on?

Also it's my first PC. So maybe in my subconscious mind i might be a little scared of buying a single part worth 25k rs!

But i am just so confused! :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you don't want to spend 20k+ on gpu now and planning to upgrade later still GTX 760 is the best solution or else get GTX 660 around ~17k and later you can get another one for SLI but do keep in mind the availability issue or else if you can just wait for GTX 750 Ti ;) :D

Get 760 now. No need to settle with an inferior card. You won't need to upgrade for at least 2 years. Future crossfire/sli isn't an option the currently choosen motherboard does not support multi-gpu setup. Also, computer components loose their value too over time. So instead of getting a less powerful card now hoping to get a new one later, get a powerful one now and don't upgrade later.

Top Bottom