Gaming Rig 60k.

smacky39

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Pure gaming. Crysis3, COD, Witcher3, BF3, Far cry4 and next gen games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60k max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win8.1.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Will buy Dell monitor later

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want GTX970

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: by this week or next

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. Lamington Road, online if cheaper

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Planning to get below Rig

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
GPU: GTX 970
MOBO: MSI H97 Guard Pro or Z97 if cheaper
RAM: 4x2GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue Hard Drive
SMPS: 600W Corsair CX600 Power Supply
CASE: NZXT S340 Case

I can adjust for all except gtx970. Need your suggestion. Thanks in advance

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 -11000,
GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB -27500,
MOBO: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate -5900,
RAM: 4x2GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz -5400,
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD -3600,
SMPS: Corsair CX600 Power Supply -5000,
CASE: NZXT S340 Case -5200.
TOTAL -63,600.

Later on buy the following Monitor:

MONITOR: Dell S2240L LED IPS 21.5inch -8000.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Modified forum's 60k config

ProcessorIntel i5 444011,000
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardAsus B85M-G6,000
MemoryKingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB 1866 MHz4,200
Graphics CardZOTAC GTX 970 4GB DDR526,000
Power SupplyAntec VP550P3,600
CabinetNZXT S3405,150
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorNone0
KeyboardDragon War GK-001 Desert Eagle750
MouseDragonwar Leviathan ELE-G1800
Total62,000

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
From previous posts/threads and many comparison sites.

Read somewhere Kingston has done something to prevent them from underclocking to 1600 MHz default.

All the component prices which you specified in that table are low or wrong than the actual online prices. Max RAM frequency of a B85 chipset is 1600Mhz only.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ chill don't matter any way.. i am in the market for mobo ram and am pissed off with the prices online.

from what i have seen there is not much difference between 2800 mhz ram vs 1600 mhz ram in gaming. It matters ram to ram transfer rates for sure.
The performance jump seems about 1-5%

in memory databases, analysis might need higher mhz, lets say redis cluster used by flipkart.

Last edited:
Stay away from Dragon War pheripherals. Chinese people may make decent quality phones but PC components and pheripherals are horrible. I have Aula Killing Your Soul Mouse ( yea thats how Chinese ppl make their cheap ass product sound cool) and a Dragonwar Mouse whose buttons are squishy soft, like umm..XboX Circle Logo Button at the middle of the Xbox gamepad.

Both are lying in my drawer now. Im using Logitech Hyperion Fury mouse now.

Never buy cheap ass products from Chinese companies

As for PC case. As long as your components fit inside properly, and there is front intake fan, i consider it a decent Gaming cabinet. Zebronics have some decent cases online, under Rs2000. Dont waste money on popular branded cases. You will be opening/upgrading/cleaning your case once or twice a year at the most. As long as it doesnt collapse or hinders air circulation, its good enough..

Top Bottom