GAMING + PROFESSIONAL LAPTOP(35k)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
1) What is your budget? 35k(INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP,Dell,Acer,Asus,Sony
b. Dislike:Samsung,Compaq

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming:FIFA 12,COD,Warcraft,Assasins Creed,NFS,etc.
Office,Browsing

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1366x768(min)

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Local Purchase,Discrete 1 gb DDR5 GPU or good AMD APU,,Island Keyboard

gump

Broken In
Re: GAMING-CUM-PROFESSIONAL LAPTOP(35k)

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
HP Branded Backpack & Free Coolermaster cooling pad & card reader worth Rs.1150

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook
HP Branded Backpack & Free Coolermaster cooling pad & card reader worth Rs.1150

this was one of my first considerations...any more suggestions???

bdw will it play my shortlisted games smoothly???

and also are there any laptops with trinity apu's coming up??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes. processor is capable of handing all games & graphics side is taken care by HD7670. don't go by the low clock of the processor. Under turbo is matches i3s.

Other Trinity based laptops are HP Sleekbook but it'll be underpowered for demanding games. Asus too have Trinity laptop but don't count on them. May get late.

vkl

Cyborg Agent

@op
Go for HP Pavilion G6-2005AX.It should be available for around 31k locally.What Sam said is right.
At this moment you wont get a better Gpu in this budget.
This laptop also comes with genuine windows preinstalled and it has 2 usb3.0 ports which some of the other laptops in this price range dont offer.
Its Cpu is good enough to compare with 2nd gen i3.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

@op
Go for HP Pavilion G6-2005AX.It should be available for around 31k locally.What Sam said is right.
At this moment you wont get a better Gpu in this budget.
This laptop also comes with genuine windows preinstalled and it has 2 usb3.0 ports which some of the other laptops in this price range dont offer.
Its Cpu is good enough to compare with 2nd gen i3.

well i agree with sam i compared quite a few laptops and this one is a killer deal...
my dad says we will be getting the laptop around diwali...
so any better deals or laptops available or upcoming???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

well i agree with sam i compared quite a few laptops and this one is a killer deal...
my dad says we will be getting the laptop around diwali...
so any better deals or laptops available or upcoming???

Asus K53 with Ivy Bridge will be released soon. So if Asus decides some kind of price cut on that lappy, you can consider or maybe Asus will change GPU to HD7670 which will be even better.

Diwali is long time away and it is better to decide then.

vkl

Cyborg Agent

@rahulpv102
Diwali is long time away.Many products with different specs and prices would have arrived.Wait for that time.You might get much better deal then

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz

so all of u mean that if i was getting a lappy the next month then i shud go for pavilion but if i was getting one by diwali only then i shud wait for ivy bridge,right???

anyway hows ivy bridge better than sandy bridge and trinity???
i only know that the graphics processing is better than sandy bridge..

josin

In the zone

at 35k the AMD A8 is better. it has crossfire enabled GPU.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

so all of u mean that if i was getting a lappy the next month then i shud go for pavilion but if i was getting one by diwali only then i shud wait for ivy bridge,right???

we already have Ivy Bridge based laptop but Ivy Bridge processor cost slightly less and Nvidia is refreshing its line of GPU (mostly rebranding the same GPU). But if you can't increase budget don't expect miracles. At 40k, some nice laptop should appear by Q4. Whereas if we are lucky, we may see AMD A10 APU in 35k laptops.

anyway hows ivy bridge better than sandy bridge and trinity???

performance wise both IVB & SB are same. Except HD4000 is almost as fast as AMD's built in graphics. But that mostly makes sense in 25-30k laptop as they lack dedicated GPU.

Trinity is slower than both SB & IVB but cost less so you have A8 with a midrange GPU for less than what you usually get an 3rd gen i5 based lappy without any GPU.

Top Bottom