Gaming PC for 50,000, such that I can upgrade GPU with a 20k purchase later on

rohan

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. Bioshock Infinite, Dota 2, Battlefield 4. Also, I am a programmer and my work requires launching a lot of simultaneous VMs, so 16 GB of RAM is a must.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50,000 (can stretch by a few thousand)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1 for gaming, ArchLinux for work

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Around a terabyte on HDD and 128-256GB on an SDD would be nice. Otherwise, just a terabyte of HDD is good.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a Samsung 23" LCD.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Input peripherals

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Yes. Yes.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: My hard requirement is having 16GB of RAM. Also, I would like to buy a GPU around 15-20k (like a GTX 760 or R9 270X) such that I can just get another one by spending 20k more in the coming months to put it in a SLI/Crossfire config. This also puts a requirement on my motherboard having 2 PCIe slots.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4440 - 11800,

Asus B85M-G - 6200,

Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600MHz - 5700,

Zotac GTX 960 2GB -17500,

Deepcool Tesseract SW- 3300,

WD Caviar Blue 1TB - 3800,

Seasonic S12II 520W - 5000.

TOTAL -53,300.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
IMHO instead of using twin GTX 960 in SLI, you should buy a single GTX 970. Would be around 6-8k cheaper that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Modifying forum's 70k config.

ProcessorIntel i5 457013,800
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardASUS H97M-E7,400
MemoryKingston HyperX Blu 2x8 GB10,400
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR526,200
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 5204,700
CabinetDeepcool Tesseract2,700
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical Drivenone0
Monitornone0
Keyboardnone0
Mousenone0
Total68,700

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
IMHO instead of using twin GTX 960 in SLI, you should buy a single GTX 970. Would be around 6-8k cheaper that way.

I totally agree with you, but this is for two reasons: First, I just don't have that kind of money right now and second, I might not decide to go for it at all. I mostly play Dota 2, and it runs on high settings for this config. So if I don't find myself indulging anymore, I'll just stick with this.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=594]rohan[/MENTION],

Take a look of this configuration, maybe it will fulfill your requirement.

AMD FX-8350.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB).
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB.
WD Blue 1TB.

The MOBO support the SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future, you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom