Gaming PC for 30-35k ...

akashsuper99

Right off the assembly line
Dear Members,
This is my second post for this same topic as I am not getting any proper answer...Please help me !! ... suggest the best configuration which can easily be bought locally...as I am not going to buy online..:-/

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming..games such as GTA 4, FIFA 12, COD, assassin's creed series, batman arkham city and all modern games..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30-35k (maximum of 37k)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Maybe..I don't know much about it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb-1 tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:22" HD screen

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Speakers and UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I haven't assembled it by my own this will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Yes. I am gonna buy locally...I live in Bokaro Steel City (Jharkhand)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Yes..
1.Will overclocking harm my system?
2.Wireless Keyboard and Mouse needed.
3.Is RAM of 4 gb sufficient to run most of the games smoothly??..if not then a RAM of 6-8 gb.
4.I strictly want Intel Processors and Motherboard.
5.I want to invest more on Graphics Card.

Please..help me fast..!!.. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
First a few clearups

1.Will overclocking harm my system?

Depends how much you OC. but for Budget components you get would suggest you to stay away from OC'ing

Component Make Price
CPU Intel Pentium G620 3340
Motherboard ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 3340
GPU Zotac GTX 560 10879
RAM G.Skill DDR3 4GB 1150
HDD WD Caviar Blue 250GB 3750
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1110
Case Intex/iBall/Frontech 1200
PSU FSP Saga II 500w 2300
Monitor Dell IN2030M 6100
Mouse | Logitech MK260| 1600
Total 33800~

GPU Price Reference- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Graphic Card

Wireless Keyboard Price reference- Logitech MK260 Combo Wireless Keyboard | Keyboard | Flipkart.com

With these components you wont need to Overclock right now :wink:

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
HEY thetechfreak, wont the 560 be too much for the g620 to handle? like bottleneck it?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
HEY thetechfreak, wont the 560 be too much for the g620 to handle? like bottleneck it?

Pentium G620 might bottleneck the gtx 560. Core i3 2120 is a better option because it is in his budget.

You are right. Seems it is a better option. But for what I can find the prices of the i3 2120 it's better to get this AMD processor-

AMD 3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960T Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com

with this mobo- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

This Combo is lot lot better than a i3 SB combo in my opinion.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
In a budget build AMD is the best option because most people on a budget dont think about perfomance per watt. They want bang for the buck. And for that AMD is the best. And if we think practically OP isn't going to game 24/7. He will watch movies, surf the net and with AMD he will be future proof as games which consume more and more cores have started to come so with the i3, OP will suffer in the near future.
@OP 4GB RAM is enough and if you want more you can lodge another stick in the future.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 960T: 7k
Motherboard: Biostar A880GZ: 3.4k
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB: 4k
Monitor: BenQ G2222HD: 7k
GPU: MSI N560GTX M2D1GD5: 10k
Cabinet: Zebronics Anchor: 1.1k
PSU: FSP Saga II 500w: 2k
Mouse+Keyboard: Zebronics Judwaa 5 bundle: 0.5k
Optical Drive: ASUS 24x DVD writer: 1k
Total: 37k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Utkarsh OP needs wireless keyboard and mouse. Not a el cheapo Judwaa bundle hence I included a wireless one. Also please post links of any website where you found MSI GTX 560 @10K. I could not find any website where it was this low.
also will not recommend that Biostar board. The Gigabyte board which is not only cheaper is also better.

Minion

Conversation Architect
In a budget build AMD is the best option because most people on a budget dont think about perfomance per watt. They want bang for the buck. And for that AMD is the best. And if we think practically OP isn't going to game 24/7. He will watch movies, surf the net and with AMD he will be future proof as games which consume more and more cores have started to come so with the i3, OP will suffer in the near future.
@OP 4GB RAM is enough and if you want more you can lodge another stick in the future.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 960T: 7k
Motherboard: Biostar A880GZ: 3.4k
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB: 4k
Monitor: BenQ G2222HD: 7k
GPU: MSI N560GTX M2D1GD5: 10k
Cabinet: Zebronics Anchor: 1.1k
PSU: FSP Saga II 500w: 2k
Mouse+Keyboard: Zebronics Judwaa 5 bundle: 0.5k
Optical Drive: ASUS 24x DVD writer: 1k
Total: 37k

OP can get microsoft wireless desktop 800 for 1.1k
coolermaster 310 cabby for 1.5k,corsair 4GB ram for 1.2k and he can find 500GB hdd for 3.7k.

OP
A

akashsuper99

Right off the assembly line
coolermaster 310 cabby for 1.5k,corsair 4GB ram for 1.2k and he can find 500GB hdd for 3.7k.

coolermaster 310 cabby for 1.5k??..where?? .. :p ahem??..
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Blue) | Cabinet | Flipkart.com

chinmaya

Journeyman

hve the same cabinet. it costs 1900 in the local market. wer do u get it for 1.5k???? :shock:

Minion

Conversation Architect
coolermaster 310 cabby for 1.5k??..where?? .. :p ahem??..
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Blue) | Cabinet | Flipkart.com

its available in itdepot for 1.7k so you can easily find it locally and you can always bargain.

See this link
Theitdepot - Cooler Master Elite 310 Blue ATX Cabinet (RC-310-BKN1-GP)

Top Bottom