Gaming PC for $270 + INR 18000 :)

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Hello!

I'd like to build a budget gaming PC next month and have a total of 18000+$270(on amazon, gift card) to spend

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Gaming!, HD Movies, Audacity, Photoshop, the usual
Games - GTA4, GTA 5, BF4, FIFA 14, 15, Batman AO, Splinter Cell

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 18000+$270, can extend a little if there is something significantly better.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Window 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, 18.5" or above with minimum 900p resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: First timer but will try my hand at it!

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nehru Place / Online, Also open to buying used components from TD, E or TE. :)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have $270 on Amazon which I'm thinking of spending on a GPU. An EVGA SC GTX760 costs $258.88+shipping and taxes. Comes to around $310. Or, I can get a HD7770 along with a pentium G3220(for now) and 8GB crucial RAM for roughly the same price. Alternatively, what should I get from Amazon which would total around ~$300? Open to buying any PC component which ships to India.

Now, I have a few doubts -

a) If I game at 1600x900, will an HD7770 suffice? I know a GTX760 will laugh at every game at that resolution and should also be future proof but I cannot afford to pair it with an i5 processor right now.

b) If I get the Pentium G3220 processor, I should be able to upgrade to an i5 next year since the pentium is based on the haswell architecture. However, is the G3220 capable of gaming at that resolution? Its like an i3 processor without hyperthreading but I'm not sure.

c) Will a G3220 bottleneck a GTX760? What about an HD7770?

d) How is this monitor? - LG 20 inch 20EN33TS LED Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.6325/- | Snapdeal.com

Thanks!

FX 6300
Gigabyte GA 970A DS3
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB
WD Blue 1 TB
Sapphire HD7790 2 GB
Antec VP450P
BitFenix Merc Alpha
Logitech MK200
Dell S2240L

See if you get thisn in your budget. Keep in mind that you won;t get any warranty support in India for imported products.

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
The AMD rig consumes more power/electricity.. Is there an Intel recommendation? Also, what about the 4 doubts?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hello!

I'd like to build a budget gaming PC next month and have a total of 18000+$270(on amazon, gift card) to spend

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Gaming!, HD Movies, Audacity, Photoshop, the usual
Games - GTA4, GTA 5, BF4, FIFA 14, 15, Batman AO, Splinter Cell

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 18000+$270, can extend a little if there is something significantly better.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Window 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, 18.5" or above with minimum 900p resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: First timer but will try my hand at it!

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nehru Place / Online, Also open to buying used components from TD, E or TE. :)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have $270 on Amazon which I'm thinking of spending on a GPU. An EVGA SC GTX760 costs $258.88+shipping and taxes. Comes to around $310. Or, I can get a HD7770 along with a pentium G3220(for now) and 8GB crucial RAM for roughly the same price. Alternatively, what should I get from Amazon which would total around ~$300? Open to buying any PC component which ships to India.

Now, I have a few doubts -

a) If I game at 1600x900, will an HD7770 suffice? I know a GTX760 will laugh at every game at that resolution and should also be future proof but I cannot afford to pair it with an i5 processor right now.

b) If I get the Pentium G3220 processor, I should be able to upgrade to an i5 next year since the pentium is based on the haswell architecture. However, is the G3220 capable of gaming at that resolution? Its like an i3 processor without hyperthreading but I'm not sure.

c) Will a G3220 bottleneck a GTX760? What about an HD7770?

d) How is this monitor? - LG 20 inch 20EN33TS LED Monitor - Buy Online @ Rs.6325/- | Snapdeal.com

Thanks!

a) HD7770 is more than enough for 1600x900 resolution,
b)then get Gigabyte B85M-D3H which is sufficient for even i5 (non k),
c)Yes it will bottleneck,
d)Get Dell IN2020M @6500.OK.

Get the RIG which is in my signature which is more than enough for your present resolution.ie CPU+MB from my Siggy.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
@op, if you want to play mentioned games without bottlenecking, then go with that amd config in post2. you can get gtx 650ti boost if you can compromise on that cabby. for intel, you have to get an i5 without cutting on that gpu.

Top Bottom