gaming pc 60k i5 2500k confi

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Gtx 570 here will be better especially the asus direct cu cause its factory overclocked and the price is a steal. It performs close to a gtx 580.

It will be a better option over 560 imo. Better keyboard and mice can be bought at a later stage but not gpu. So op should stick with 570 and skip the expensive keyboards + mice for now.

If op wants to sli the 570 later, then that seasonic 720 will be better over corsair vx550.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yeah but GTX560 is good enough, esp at 1080p. And he can SLI them a year down the line(which will blow 580 out of the water).

And according to Guru3D TFII performed and OCed better than DCU. (Thats all I read).
Its also cheaper than DCU.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I am talking about a gtx 570 direct cu II and not 560 direct cu. Guru 3d tested the asus gtx 560 direct cu and its the best version of 560. Check here. Sli the 570 and see it demolish the 560 sli out of the water.

570 is more future proof and if op can go for it, there's no point in downscaling the gpu.
It performs close to gtx 580 out of the box cause its factory overclocked.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
But GTX570 SLI will cost him 40k. 20k now.

GTX560 SLI will cost him 30k. 15k now.

There's a 10k difference.

And there aren't many games that the GTX560 can't get 40+ fps. I can only recall Metro 2033 on highest and Crysis on Enthusiast.
A year later when more games start to fall below the 40 fps category he can get another GTX560.

If he goes for GTX570, he will get more FPS (and e-peen) but in exchange of better gaming hardware. A better mouse can make a world of difference to gaming enjoyment.
DA + KB400 = 2.5k. He still needs extra 2.5k which he can put in a better cabinet (CM690 @ 4.5k).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Okay opinions differ. I say to invest in better gaming hardware than better peripherals cause they can be bought later.

That 10k difference (after sli) will be much more future proof down the line and is absolutely worth it.

I guess he will stick with a single gpu for a while(let op comment on this). And if he has plans for the same, then 570 direct cu II/oc all the way. Better than a 560 in fullhd and beyond.

If the 570 is coming within budget (that too a factory overclocked one and a triple slot cooling design), its wise to go for it rather than sacrificing it for gaming peipherals which can be bought later.

Just my opinions but completely depends on op's choice.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
IMO a GTX 560 will last him for 2-2.5 years. And then he can SLI for 2-3 additional years. Or sell and replace when 6xx comes.

And GTX570 is ~15%-20% faster than GTX560 at 33% extra cost.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ We are talking about a factory overclocked 570 here and the gaps are a bit wider than a stock 570. Owing to its triple slot cooling design, it has theoretically more overclocking potential than a reference 570.

Don't compare 560 and 570. They are made for different audiences. A 560 can never be prefered over a 570 if money is not an issue. A person with a strict 15k budget can go for 560 or 6950 without a doubt. But stretching till 20k, getting a 570 is a no brainer.

If 560 will last him 2-2.5 years, the 570 will last him 3-3.5 years. Putting your logic here.
And you already know what will happen when you sli a 570.

lets end this discussion here. Let op comment.:smile:

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
guys i actually like nxzt lexa s cabinet any idea if it is a good one
about the RAM was looking out for something like a single module of 4gb not 2x2 so that later i could put in another 4GB
i dont need a UPS as there are no power cuts in my area and i have speakers
i dont want an expensive mouse and keyboard was thinking to buy keyboard and mouse from logitech the cheap one like logitech classic desktop MK 100 for rs 725 (keyboard and mouse combo) i can use the money left to buy a better monitor or a better GPU

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Component | Model | Price CPU |Intel i5 2500K|11.5k
Motherboard |ASUS P8P67 Pro|12k
RAM |GSkill/Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz|2.3k
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2.7k
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7.3k
Graphic Card |MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Forzer II|15.5k
DVD Drive |LG Sata DVD|0.9k
Power Supply |Corsair VX450W|3.5k
Cabinet |Nzxt Gamma|2k
Mouse/Keyboard |MK100|0.8k
Speaker |Altec Lancing VS2621|1.5k
Total || 60k

NZXT Lexa S costs 5k. Switch if you want.

Surprisingly no one noticed that I forgot to include a monitor last time. :shock:

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
@ Ishu dont u think 450w PSU will be less 4 this system as i calculated on a PSU calculator that it would need atleast 650w to run this system
and is the any other asus p67 mobo that will cost me a bit less with overclocking features as a p67 pro

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Ishu dont u think 450w PSU will be less 4 this system as i calculated on a PSU calculator that it would need atleast 650w to run this system
and is the any other asus p67 mobo that will cost me a bit less with overclocking features as a p67 pro

No need to go for vs 2621 since you have speakers. And a 12k board is unnecessary.

Stick with Intel DP67BG mobo @ 8k. Its a very good board and digit gave it a gold buy i guess. The 5k saved from speakers and mobo will get you a better gpu like ASUS GTX 570 Direct cu II/OC @ 20.3k.

Lastly upgrade the psu to Corsair VX550 @ 4.6k instead of vx 450.

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
does the intel mobo comes with a similar software as asus where one can easily overclock just by using the software so that the overclock is stable
and are u sure tht a 550w will be enough as when i used a calculator it showed 650w and also tried configuring a similar pc online using ibuypower.com and even their it showed 2 use atleast a 650 w PSU just asking cause i dont have 2 much knowledge abt stuff like this as this is 1st ever assembled pc plz bare wth me

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Asus has efi bios and is good. But the intel mobo is good enough for overclocking. Sinc i52500k has unlocked multiplier, overclocking is a breeze. You can get a stable overclock easily with that cpu.

The intel mobo speaks great value here. It also has sli and crossfire support.

Vx 550 will be more than enough for the config.

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
do the overclock in intel mobo has 2 be done manually or is there a software like the 1 asus provides im a noob in this matter never overclocked or had an assembled pc

lordirecto

In the zone
^ overclocking is about going to the BIOS and doing it manually(changing voltage of FSB, etc.). The difference between Asus and Intel is that Asus has made the BIOS into a GUI interface, while Intel is still with Text based BIOS. The end result is the same.

Also I suggest you do not overclock, unless absolutely required or if you have decided to get a new PC. You get decent clock rates with default BIOS itself, so do not worry about optimum performance, your mobo is designed to give you optimum performance right out of the box.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
you cant confuse a oc tool with UEFI BIOS. UEFI is graphical form of bios where you can use mouse too. but oc tool is just for overclock in windows.(uefi also allows oc) ASUS provides both afaik. intel has a very good oc utility..

@ankit
intel has a very good tuning utility. go ahead with it...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Dont Overclock with desktop s/w.
I've heard cases where people pushed it too far and cudnot boot.
Didnt even POST.

OP
A

ankit0_0

Broken In
which is better in performance intel p67 or asus p67 pro forget about overclocking
according to tomshardware he has listed a ranking of p67 mobos according 2 which a intel p67 is at 14th rank and asus p67 pro is at 4th position and the difference between their prices is just 2k
i could increase my budget by 2k cause i wont be upgrading the mobo again n again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom