Gaming PC: 60 - 65K

idolmind

Right off the assembly line
Hello Forum - Here's are my build requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming [Should be able to play games such as BF3, BF4, GTA4, Crysis3, Max Payne 3, Assassins Creed 4 at Ultra & 1080p], Office work, Multimedia – Should “ideally” be future proof (if that’s an option)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60 K (Includes Monitor, keyboard, mouse, good speakers and a wireless router), can be bumped up by 5 – 7K if need be

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No [The system I use had the ability to overclock, but I never ended up overclocking – so feel it’s not necessary in my case] – would be open to suggestions!

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 - Professional

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB or 1 TB [if there’s a config which provides a good SSD @ 256 GB or more, I will be open to it, as I’ve heard positive reviews about it] – leave it to the forum to suggest

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes – 24 inches, any full HD one [Having read reviews online - tending more towards Samsung as opposed to a Dell? – welcome for suggestions from the forum]

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: none

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible, once I narrow down on the config

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai – usually buy stuff from Lamington road, open to buying stuff online (if cheaper), or if I don’t get it locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I already have a system which I will be “donating” to my younger brother – got all the parts from Mumbai and had it assembled in 2011 – want a system that can pretty much exceed its performance. The configuration is (Spent around 62K on this):
I5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard
Gskill F3-12800 CI9S 4GB RL Ram
1 TB – Western Digital Sata Hdd (Black)
Asus 560 Ti PCi Express Card
Asus Dvd Writer 24x
Seasonic 750watts Smps
Cooler Master 690 (Transparent side)

I have been very pleased with my "old" system, and have been using it since 2011 – very thankful for the forum for suggesting it then. Since I will be moving houses, I am looking to get the new system as requested via the Question template. Would also be highly obliged if someone could suggest a good wireless router along with that configuration

Also, my feedback on having such a system is that it gets pretty dusty inside! Which leads to the heating of components and cleaning can be quite cumbersome, so looking for a case that makes it easier (should also serve the purpose of being future proof – adding additional cards/hdds/ram - size wise) – As I will be adding to this config down the line (expanding RAM, etc.)

Apologies in case any of my questions are noobish! & thanks very much in advance!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4440 - 11.8k
gigabyte b85m d3h - 5.5k
kingston hyperx blu /gskill ripjwasx 4gb /corsair vengeance 4gb - 2.7k
r9 280x - 23.5k
wd 1 tb blue -3.8k / black -5.5k
asus odd- 1k
seasonic s12ii 520 -4.5k /antec vp550p - 3.6k
betfenix mecr alpha / cooler master n300 -3-3.5k/antec gx700 - 4k /cooler master haf 912 - 5k/ corsair carbide 400r - 5.5k
dell s2240l - 8.6k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k- I suggest to get logitech g105 k/b and g400s mouse but will cost you more.
logitech z313 2.1 - 2k

snap

Lurker
Why do you want to purchase a new PC, your "old" system is pretty good?

Ans: I already have a system which I will be “donating” to my younger brother – got all the parts from Mumbai and had it assembled in 2011 – want a system that can pretty much exceed its performance. The configuration is (Spent around 62K on this):
I5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard
1 TB – Western Digital Sata Hdd (Black)
Asus Dvd Writer 24x
Seasonic 750watts Smps
Cooler Master 690 (Transparent side)

I have been very pleased with my "old" system, and have been using it since 2011 – very thankful for the forum for suggesting it then. Since I will be moving houses, I am looking to get the new system as requested via the Question template. Would also be highly obliged if someone could suggest a good wireless router along with that configuration

Also, my feedback on having such a system is that it gets pretty dusty inside! Which leads to the heating of components and cleaning can be quite cumbersome, so looking for a case that makes it easier (should also serve the purpose of being future proof – adding additional cards/hdds/ram - size wise) – As I will be adding to this config down the line (expanding RAM, etc.)

5chars:)

OP
I

idolmind

Yup, my older PC is amazing! Have used it to play most of the games released last year.. But since I've shifted houses, need a new one (With the aim to better the earlier one)

Suggestions welcome :), many thanks for the ones already given!

OP
I

idolmind

Just a follow up to the thread - Since I will be going to Lamington road to order the suggested system, I was wondering if there are any additions I can make to my older system (SSDs, additional graphics card - most open to this! suggestions on which ones are compatible and how to connect an additional one especially, HD, etc) - always open to suggestions:

I5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Pro
1 TB – WD Black
Seasonic 750w Smps
Cooler Master 690

Have just placed the order for the new system, and will be going this weekend to collect it, that's when I intend to purchase upgrades for the system I mentioned above

Top Bottom