Gaming laptop

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget? (INR ) Rs. 1 lakh

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen(preferred more)

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Any company as long as it is not apple.
b. Dislike:APPLE(passionate hater of apple products).

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Playing hardcore games like Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, COD:Ghosts(when it comes out), Assassin's Creed IV.
Java programming and web browsing.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1920x1080. Glossy or matte, both are fine.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
You see I already own a Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (old one with FHD Screen and GT 650m). My father's company is giving us money to buy another laptop. The scheme will probably start from next month and can wait till the end of the year. I want a laptop that can perform better than my current one. I can wait till December, if better laptops(or for discounts) will be released around that time.

Last edited:

technick89

Right off the assembly line
lenovo z500

40-55k
sony vaio fit 14/15

asus vivobook s550

50/60/80k
hp envy 15/15t

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I found this
Qosmio X70
Any idea whether this will or will not come to India and when?
If it comes to India then what will be it's price, will it simply be a dollar to rupee conversion.
How can I get it imported?

^^ That's a great laptop but many such laptops are not released in India by companies, even if they are released, they are highly priced.............

For example: When Y500 was first launched here, I bought it for 64.5k whereas the same model was available for $900 in US (that time converted rate was 54k only)

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I was considering the alienware 14 and asus g750jx.(with budget extension)
What is the street price of asus one?any idea?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Only 1 month left and I am excited (budget increased). Will the Alienware 14 fit within this budget? Will it perform better than Y510p or my current Y500? Any new gaming laptops coming out?

i72600k

The Physicist!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/176878-xenom-x157-gaming-laptop-review.html

Please refer this thread, you can go with custom built laptops which are true VFM!

Or you can wait for this one

*www.flipkart.com/hp-envy-leap-moti...touch/p/itmdqjxhgc8a5dyz?pid=COMDQJXHGHD2FGGM,

seems good and possibly will blow out ideapad y510p because of better processor. I like it's design which is similar to one I own, the completely aluminium built laptop has excellent fit and finish!

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The y510p has a slightly better processor than the hp one you linked me to. The 4GB of memory for the GPU is pretty much pointless because I don't plan to connect the laptop to any monitors. Moreover it has dd3 memory which is slower than y510p's gddr5. I can't get a custom Laptop built because apparently there is a condition of 4 year warranty or something.
PS: I have a Lenovo r61 too which was free.

Or you can wait for this one

HP Envy Leap Motion Touchsmart SE 17-J102TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph/ Touch) Rs. 0.0 Price in India - Buy HP Envy Leap Motion Touchsmart SE 17-J102TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph/ Touch) Glass Fiber With Si,

seems good and possibly will blow out ideapad y510p because of better processor. I like it's design which is similar to one I own, the completely aluminium built laptop has excellent fit and finish!

A 4GB DDR3 GT750M?? I don't think 4GB VRAM would be much of an improvement over 2GB, that too DDR5..... A GTX760M 2GB version would have been a better choice.... Anyways its pricing is crucial... I think it would be 85k or so....

I think it still can't out perform Y510p..... Both are having approx same specs.... (also Y510p has 4th gen i7 @ 2.4GHz & GT755M, if you don't know)

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
The only good thing about the hp is the large screen and touch. Isn't the extra 2GB of vram only useful when connecting external monitors?? Y510p has the better processor. Thoughts about Alienware 14??

i72600k

The Physicist!
A 4GB DDR3 GT750M?? I don't think 4GB VRAM would be much of an improvement over 2GB, that too DDR5..... A GTX760M 2GB version would have been a better choice.... Anyways its pricing is crucial... I think it would be 85k or so....

I think it still can't out perform Y510p..... Both are having approx same specs.... (also Y510p has 4th gen i7 @ 2.4GHz & GT755M, if you don't know)
I didn't see that y510p had 4th gen proccy. Yes, then y510p is unbeatable!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/176878-xenom-x157-gaming-laptop-review.html

Please refer this thread, you can go with custom built laptops which are true VFM!

if op is in India, he ain't getting any custom made laptop like this one anyway. within 1L go for y510p eyes closed like blind bat in the morning. raise 20K more, go for Asus G750

Top Bottom