Gaming laptop under 80k

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
From your discussions i get that this asus one is a good one.and a better choise than than y510p.btw i am too excited for the upcoming maxwell series in msi laptops but my deadline is 1 st july i have to buy my lappy before then.....so if msi relaunches is in india by then ...it will be friggin Christmas for me....
Anyways anyone got any idea how much asus g56jr will cost locally???

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
As [MENTION=139589]prometheus[/MENTION] mentioned I too saw on asus india site that they are including subwoofer and gaming mouse with the laptop and thats a pretty nice deal.now is the also valid on flipkart or in local shops???

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Local shopkeepers will try to hide those products if you are not careful. They may insist that nothing else is included but you must haggle.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
I was just going through some random thread(s) across www and I am skeptical abt 760m's perf and stability
micro stutter much/probs in updating with latest nVidia drivers :-?
no wonder 760m's not been launched by many OEM's?

might be some random unlucky customer(s) but just a pointer..do_not_approach_a_fast_decision

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Single cards don't micro stutter at all. The guy's probably stupid.
Always update to the latest drivers for best performance.
OEMs don't use GTX 760m due to its low clock speed and untapped potential. That's why GTX 765m is a better deal. Custom laptop makers use GTX 760m's in 14" laptops.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
I was just going through some random thread(s) across www and I am skeptical abt 760m's perf and stability
micro stutter much/probs in updating with latest nVidia drivers :-?
no wonder 760m's not been launched by many OEM's?

might be some random unlucky customer(s) but just a pointer..do_not_approach_a_fast_decision

Thos driver unstablity problems you mentioned are just random i have encountered many of those.....tgey are not a manufacture defect....for example i and my friend both had nvidia 650 ti and my friend encountered strange problems with 329 whql nvidia driver....while in my pc it was running butter smooth.....i guess its just some unlucky coincidence......

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Don't compare desktops with laptops. Laptops are made stable by manufacturers. Desktops have independent components never tested together.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Don't compare desktops with laptops. Laptops are made stable by manufacturers. Desktops have independent components never tested together.
In that case the asus manufactured 760m shouldn't have problems at all.....!!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
In that case the asus manufactured 760m shouldn't have problems at all.....!!

Asus does not manufacture GTX 760m. Nvidia does. It just solders the chip to the mobo. If the laptop is MXM based then even better, the chip is not even soldered and comes directly from Nvidia.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
Asus does not manufacture GTX 760m. Nvidia does. It just solders the chip to the mobo. If the laptop is MXM based then even better, the chip is not even soldered and comes directly from Nvidia.

Thanks for clarifying that,i really didn't know that.....this is why this forum needs the pros...

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

oh..it is indeed a soldered one

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
G56JR dropped Rs.100/- after 1st day of launch...isn't looking promising.
Asus CN135H G56JR Laptop (Black) Review by sky770 | Flipkart.com

Top Bottom