Gaming Laptop Under 60k

DyGz

Broken In
I know Lenovo Y510P is the best option, i had my eyes on the i5 version but sadly the laptop became out of stock yesterday on *www.thedostore.com and today when i checked they removed the laptop from the listing...:-(. And mostly the laptop will be discontinued because of the upcoming Y50. This is the saddest story, isn't it ?
So guys suggestions for a decent gaming laptop under 60k will be appreciated. The performance should be either more than the Y510P or as close to it as possible. The new Lenovo Z50 is on my mind now. It has 840M which is supposed to better than 740M laptop's like Z510P. I checked the fps of the gfx on Notebookcheck.net .
I'm fine with all companies, screen resolution, battery life, etc as long as the laptop will be able to run most AAA games on minimum settings for 4 years.

Last edited:

shibashis

Right off the assembly line
I am also looking for the y510p [i5 version]
Now can I get it from local store ??
mostprobably the i7 version of the z510 is also discontinued.

I am also looking for the y510p [i5 version]
Now can I get it from local store ??
mostprobably the i7 version of the z510 is also discontinued.

In kolkata,the y510p is not available in local market or in Lenovo Authorised Stores as well...its out of stock...for atleast 3-4months...howevr flipkart n some websites are still selling them.......i am also searching it like hell...n the z510 is not yet discontinued but may b it will in a couple of months(thats what they told me in the LENOVO STORES yesterday)....

$hadow

Geek in making
If portability is not a requirement I would suggest a desktop. Since laptop be it any 4 years is a long distance to be up with.

OP
D

DyGz

Broken In
I would be away from home because of college so desktop is not possible...
Anyway what o you think about Lenovo Z50 ?
Lenovo Z50-70 (59-427812) Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) Rs.62107 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 (59-427812) Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) SIlver Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

- - - Updated - - -

I would be away from home because of college so desktop is not possible...
Anyway what o you think about Lenovo Z50 ?
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-z50-70-59-427812-notebook-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-1-4gb-graph/p/itmdxea6ay8nzn5y?pid=COMDXEA3XTWUHNHG&cmpid=content_computer_8965229628_gmc_pla&tgi=sem,1,G,11214002,g,search,,24937130540,1o1,,,c,,,,,,,&gclid=CjwKEAjwre6dBRC94d-Gma7g3wcSJACNatZe82d-tug58r0KaUa_TAJWAQnGw_aQcQqgq34cIBHpChoCpcLw_wcB

OP
D

DyGz

Broken In
Huge difference between performance of 8850M and 840M ...
Compare the fps here
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html
AMD Radeon HD 8850M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

- - - Updated - - -

"According to our benchmarks, the GeForce 840M is about 30 percent faster than the old GT 740M and just slightly behind a GeForce GT 750M (DDR3 version)"
Written in the article on GeForce 840M on notebookcheck

- - - Updated - - -

So according to his the performance should lie between Y510P and Z510

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Best way to compare GPUs is to look at 3D Mark 11 scores and then take -5% for Nvidia GPUs. This is because 3D Mark 11 prefers Nvidia cards. 3D Mark 11 score remains constant whilst game benchmarks vary a lot. For instance Thief in my Inspiron 15 runs at 30-40 FPS @med. It's also quite playable at high. The thing is AMD GPUs are plagued by driver issues.

OP
D

DyGz

Broken In
Thanks i didn't know that... will definitely conisider that

- - - Updated - - -

8850 is definitely better if i calculate the score like you said .. but sadly games like watch_dogs and the whole call of duty franchise just wont use the full power of the amd cards.. this will be solved in future but nvidia cards have a unfair advantage...
Will consider Dell Inspiron15 for my purchase/...

OP
D

DyGz

Broken In
i called up some lenovo retailers and found one...
I purchased it from Asquare Solutions, Lower Parel...
look for other retailers here Find a dealer - Locate a Store | Lenovo | (IN)
Where i purchased from told me that this was the last piece and he is going to get 10 more soon..

- - - Updated - - -

i got it for 59500

Top Bottom