Gaming laptop in 50 - 60k

Tintin.92

Broken In
SO I am aware that it is impossible to get a serious gaming laptop in 60 k that will last 4-5 years, so I'm just looking for something that will last as long as possible 2-2.5 is years. Sorta like the HP DV6 series, when it came out.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
50 - 60k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen (1st pref)
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen (Also ok)

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, Movies, general laptop stuff

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
No

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution: 1080p
Battery back up: No particluar requirrment
Purchase place: Online

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Too much lazy to type for now, read these threads:
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/190238-gaming-laptop-around-50-60k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/190323-gaming-laptop-around-45k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/169413-gaming-laptop-around-25-30k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/189933-40k-gaming-laptop.html

Forget Dell, Hp as they lack FHD screen under 60k and/or good enough GPU.

$hadow

Geek in making
YOu will be able to game on 840m for a period of 1 to 1.5 years on med and there after low settings only.

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
Too much lazy to type for now, read these threads:
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/190238-gaming-laptop-around-50-60k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/190323-gaming-laptop-around-45k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/169413-gaming-laptop-around-25-30k.html
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/189933-40k-gaming-laptop.html

Forget Dell, Hp as they lack FHD screen under 60k and/or good enough GPU.

What if the FHD requirement is dropped?

I'll go through the threads.

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
What's the point in getting a 60k laptop with 768p screen when even 15k phones have 1080p screen and 13k tablets have 2k screen?

No offense, but not everyone has the same requirements. You may be used to hi res displays and possibly can't go back to one where the pixels show (I know I can't, after going for rMBP), but that's not the case for everyone. I'm asking for a friend, who will buy his own computer for the first time, and a 1377x768 display, while not the best, is quite sufficient for his needs. He just wants a machine he can game on for as long as possible, and a lower res display might even help with that.

You will probably suggest to assemble a desktop, but he lives in a hostel where that is not an option, and has zero experience in building computers.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No offense, but not everyone has the same requirements. You may be used to hi res displays and possibly can't go back to one where the pixels show (I know I can't, after going for rMBP), but that's not the case for everyone. I'm asking for a friend, who will buy his own computer for the first time, and a 1377x768 display, while not the best, is quite sufficient for his needs. He just wants a machine he can game on for as long as possible, and a lower res display might even help with that.

You will probably suggest to assemble a desktop, but he lives in a hostel where that is not an option, and has zero experience in building computers.

See, laptops in this budget don't have anything better than a 840M. Call it as a fault of greedy OEMs or tons of customs and other taxes imposed on laptops, there are no laptops with DDR5 850M in this range. So, going for FHD + 840M makes sense rather than going for HD + 840M.

This (or any other laptop with 840m) should be enough for maximum of 3-4 years considering how demanding future games can be:
Lenovo z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Rs.52773 Price in India - Buy Lenovo z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Don't buy the 60k z50-70, it has ULV i7.

BTW, are you from BESUS, Shibpur?

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
See, laptops in this budget don't have anything better than a 840M. Call it as a fault of greedy OEMs or tons of customs and other taxes imposed on laptops, there are no laptops with DDR5 850M in this range. So, going for FHD + 840M makes sense rather than going for HD + 840M.

This (or any other laptop with 840m) should be enough for maximum of 3-4 years considering how demanding future games can be:
Lenovo z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Rs.52773 Price in India - Buy Lenovo z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Don't buy the 60k z50-70, it has ULV i7.

BTW, are you from BESUS, Shibpur?

Okay I'll check that on out, thanks a lot for your help.

And no, I have never studied in WB. I used to study in Vizag, now I'm at the University of Pennsylvania.
Why do you ask? :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Okay I'll check that on out, thanks a lot for your help.

And no, I have never studied in WB. I used to study in Vizag, now I'm at the University of Pennsylvania.
Why do you ask? :)

I know a guy in BESUS who has tintin as middle name. So, I thought you were him.

- - - Updated - - -

If u r studying in US why not buy from there. In fact, pls buy a bunch of laptops from there and send us

He wants suggestion for his friend whom I think lives in India.

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
He wants suggestion for his friend whom I think lives in India.

Yep, that's right. I myself have been disillusioned with the idea of gaming laptops, so I bought a rMBP for ultra productivity, and will be building a desktop possible next year, after I graduate.

$hadow

Geek in making
Desktop are always VFM when compared to the laptops. Plus they provide flexibility of customization as well.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[MENTION=139231]Tintin.92[/MENTION], since you are in USA, I'd sugest you bring XOTIC PC | FORCE 16GC (29-029) w/ 860M (MSI GE60 ApachePro Barebones) with you for your friend @ 51k. Easy 3-4 years of gaming on respectable framerates and settings. :)

You won't get this config under 70k in India.

Top Bottom