Gaming laptop for 90k......!!!!!

OP
Vintech009

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
Yeah future-proffing is more imp to me because we can see in the near future the games are becoming gpu intensive

I want my lappy to run crysis 3 and bf3 in medium-high.
Though not in full res ill cut down the res

Crysis 3 runs smoothly in med-high settings with 2x AA & FHD resolution....

Y500 is great but you can get much better laptop with your budget

SLI isn't available in India, yet.
Check out a few gaming laptops @ibhejo.com , it's a trusted service.

ASUS G55VW

It's con is only 500GB HDD but its 7200rpm.....Ask them about warranty, I think ASUS has international warranty

OP
Vintech009

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
Finally out of nowhere.....

Hdd doesnt matter because i have 2 external hdds.
How many % is gt660m powerful than gt650m???

@gtb93 thanks ill check that site

Gtb93

In the zone
if you want it urgently, go for the laptop anupam_pb posted.
Else, do what I'm doing.. wait for Intel's 4th gen Haswell range. Their onboard gpus(the highest variant) is supposed to be at par with the 650m. The laptops carrying 4th gen are also poised to have 40-50% more battery life along with being more power efficient. The laptops will also be sleeker than current gen. Plus with the new gen we might see newer cards come to India, like radeon 8870m or the nvidia 750m(at par with 660m).

edit: for the difference b/w 650 and 660, watch gameplay videos of Y500 for 650m's performance, and y580 for 660m's performance.

OP
Vintech009

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
Ohh ok.... But prices will be high when they get released so i have to wait till the prices stablizes....

How abt this lappy

*www.compuindia.com/laptops/inspiron-laptops/dell-inspiron-17r-special-edition-7720/new-inspiron-17r-se-1641.html

Specs looks good on the papers...

$hadow

Geek in making
Ohh ok.... But prices will be high when they get released so i have to wait till the prices stablizes....

How abt this lappy

Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo Laptop - Performance laptops from Dell

regarding price well I do not think that they will too high coz both laptop and desktops are facing a big decline in their demand and pricing that at a very high price will put the final nail in the coffin for intel coz amd is doing good at low budget sector. It is the intel who have to deliver a vfm product for those who are waiting for 4th gen, or else one can always go and buy a 3rd gen lappy. Rumors are that we can see new range of laptops in nearly 1st week of launch of 4th gen coz processors and all is already shipped to manufacturers for the production, but in that initial 1st lot of laptop there will be no usb 3.0 support coz a bug due to which the launch which was planned for may got pussed to june but intel is still working onit hope they find a way out ASAP.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

How abt this lappy

Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo Laptop - Performance laptops from Dell

Dude seriously, Dell India are charging 30k more for 17r turbo than the normal prices. Don't buy a gt650m at 90K+.
Inspiron 17r turbo from Dell US: Link 1 or Link 2 at 62k.

Get the Asus G75VX instead: Link
costs about 1220 USD ~= Rs 70k
15k for shipping
so, 85k you have the best performer with International Warranty

someone bought a G75VW in the forum. link

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Dude seriously, Dell India are charging 30k more for 17r turbo than the normal prices. Don't buy a gt650m at 90K+.
Inspiron 17r turbo from Dell US: Link 1 or Link 2 at 62k.

Get the Asus G75VX instead: Link
costs about 1220 USD ~= Rs 70k
15k for shipping
so, 85k you have the best performer with International Warranty
This.

OP
Vintech009

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
Ok. Then its wise to buy it from abroad as the prices are low..

Can anybody tell the procedure of buying from international sites i mean complete procedure(from a-z):mrgreen:

Which one to buy among these asus