Gaming laptop around 50-60k

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
Ok I have cleared with him... that one with 16 GB version comes with IPS UHD display for 1,07,000 . the rest of the config remains the same.

Only diff is that this 16GB version comes with IPS UHD display , while that of 8 GB comes with no UHD but IPS display.

abhidbz

New to this forum
You have mentioned here that you were able to obtain the new 2015 edition of Y50 with IPS display along with Nvidia GTX 960m for 79k, as a soon to be a Y50 buyer myself was curious from where (City/Branch name) did you make the purchase from? (I've been waiting for the IPS display to hit the shelves for ages now!). Any response is much appreciated.

Regards,
Abhishek

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok I have cleared with him... that one with 16 GB version comes with IPS UHD display for 1,07,000 . the rest of the config remains the same.

Only diff is that this 16GB version comes with IPS UHD display , while that of 8 GB comes with no UHD but IPS display.
IPS is fine, 860M will cri if you play games at UHD resolution. Thanks for getting it cleared. I can do with FHD display and 970M/980M instead of UHD and 860M.

$hadow

Geek in making
UHD will be going to make the card suffer. Better use it with fhd and enjoy the ultra setting game play.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
2015 edition mean 2015 manufacturing units.... :p not any new edition ... sorry for overstating that.

Both the 16 GB version also 8GB version comes with 860M ... that 960M has not been released yet in INDIA , and will not be for 4-5 months aleast. When it will be released who knows

I got today lenevo y50 it looks amazing... for the screen problem you can adjust brightness and power option setting ( few tweaks ) . I am using FHD IPS display now. Run few games like Battlefield 4 , FIFA 15 , DOTA 2 . It runs amazing and looks amazing.

The only downside i felt is that it may have been better display like 10%. But its certainly a improvement from my HP pavilion DV6 laptop which i have purchased 3-4 years ago ( 220M graphic card it had ). Felt a huge difference in graphics xD

Anyways it you are thinking about going for y50 please bang on go for it. And if you have extra money it will be 100% worth to buy 16GB version lappy with UHD IPS display. But if you can wait for 5-9 months please wait and buy 960M edition one.

Thanks Digit Forum for giving me guidance for buying lappy. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
2015 edition mean 2015 manufacturing units.... :p not any new edition ... sorry for overstating that.

Both the 16 GB version also 8GB version comes with 860M ... that 960M has not been released yet in INDIA , and will not be for 4-5 months aleast. When it will be released who knows

I got today lenevo y50 it looks amazing... for the screen problem you can adjust brightness and power option setting ( few tweaks ) . I am using FHD IPS display now. Run few games like Battlefield 4 , FIFA 15 , DOTA 2 . It runs amazing and looks amazing.

The only downside i felt is that it may have been better display like 10%. But its certainly a improvement from my HP pavilion DV6 laptop which i have purchased 3-4 years ago ( 220M graphic card it had ). Felt a huge difference in graphics xD

Anyways it you are thinking about going for y50 please bang on go for it. And if you have extra money it will be 100% worth to buy 16GB version lappy with UHD IPS display. But if you can wait for 5-9 months please wait and buy 960M edition one.

That 16 GB version would be wasted even if it had 960M and UHD screen. It's better to get 970M or 980M + FHD screen than getting 960M + UHD screen.

In those 5-9 months, games will start to push 860M to the limit. Don't know how much 960M will be able to handle.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
Hmmmm.... still i am not that extreme hardcore gamer. 860M is fine for me now :)

But i agree with you on this putting more than 1 lakh rs on 16GB version is i think a little bit waste if 960M and higher graphic cards are coming in 5-9 months.

sggupta95

Broken In

thanks for the info.so they just replaced the screen,and everything else is the same.
though it's not like there's much difference between 860m and 960m,as the 960m is basically just an oced 860m
can you tell us how much you finally got it for?
79k seems like they increased the price a lot for just replacing the screen,considering i think thatpeople could get y50 for 73-74k.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
I dunt know about 74-75k thou. My bill amounts says lappy price is 75k but the tax thing gets around 79k. I am happy at least they tried to improve the screen instead of neglecting it. Paying a little bit of 3-4k for something which will last longer and better while using it I don't mind it when you are paying in range of 70-80k.

Also I updated nvidia graphic card drivers it improved a lot ..... the colors look good now instead of slightly dark. :)

abhidbz

New to this forum
As long as I am getting an IPS display instead of the TN panel, I'll be happy. I had called a Lenovo Exclusive showroom in Mumbai and they weren't really sure if the Y50 comes with an IPS display. So now I'm wondering where I'll be able to get the Y50 in Pune/Mumbai with the IPS display, any help is appreciated! :)

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
MSI GE60 is with GTX960M and is available already in India. Here are the FPS results for Far Cry 4.
*fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11080965_974026105941494_6555343641917950414_n.jpg?oh=d415b87c81045ab2ac299ba8b9b37cfd&oe=55AE5FC8&__gda__=1436947265_2bf53bd6418387fb684a4b77adf89ebb

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MSI GE60 is with GTX960M and is available already in India. Here are the FPS results for Far Cry 4.

OP's budget was 50 to 60k and not 50+60 = 110k :|
And even if it was 110k, he could've bought a laptop with 870M or 970M from azom within 110k. Again overpricing is the main issue of MSI [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]. :(

OP's budget was 50 to 60k and not 50+60 = 110k :|
And even if it was 110k, he could've bought a laptop with 870M or 970M from azom within 110k. Again overpricing is the main issue of MSI [MENTION=277192]rhyansy[/MENTION]. :(

Dude, how much does AXOM EXIGO laptops cost? Their website dont show any pre built models

Talked to the guy from AZOM, apparantly you can buy 970m laptop in approx. 92K+5%tax=97K ..... shipping all over India.

Can we get a decent model for like Rs60k. With a bare minimum GDDR5 based graphics card and the least minimum CPU that wont bottleneck the GPU. Its embarrassing to buy a 1 lakh laptop...no matter how much Value for money it gives ..

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
There's no DDR5 under 60k. The most value for money item you can buy is the G551J(whatever it is) at 60k and it gets you DDR3 950m from ebay.

Top Bottom