Gaming laptop around 50-60k

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
INR 50k (min) - 60k (max)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
15" - 16" screen
I would play games at

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming mostly ...... it shouldn't lag ( that i hate the most ) also heating prob.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
I dont have any idea about it for now.. reading forums and infos.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
I am using currently of HP Pavilion DV6 laptop which i purchased 5 years ago...it was amazing it run every game at high setting thou its still working now, but have to run on med settings. Also it has a fan heating prob it heats a lot when running high games.

HP , Lenovo , Dell

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Purchase place ( flipkart) , can go to showroom directly
Would be great if it comes it OS and drivers
Please it shouldn't lag while playing and also fan heating prob ( which i hate the most , dont mind paying a little bit extra )

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^ You may wait to have a look at this from Flipkart-Gigabyte Laptop(GAMING)
Seems that it may have a price over and within Rs.60K~70K

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There are no gaming laptops for 50-60k. Best you can get are multimedia laptops like Lenovo Z50 which have 840M which is minimum for games on low settings. But in coming 1-2 years, it will not be enough.
Better to get a desktop assembled if you want to play games or increase your budget to 80k and get Lenovo y50 with 860M
Gaming laptops have GTX 870M/960M or higher.

kg11sgbg

There are no gaming laptops for 50-60k. Best you can get are multimedia laptops like Lenovo Z50 which have 840M which is minimum for games on low settings. But in coming 1-2 years, it will not be enough.
Better to get a desktop assembled if you want to play games or increase your budget to 80k and get Lenovo y50 with 860M
But Gigabyte P15F v2 is not any lean laptop either. As per your suggestions on a separate thread,you are asking guys to go for a laptop those that have nVIDIA 840M mobile GPU as a bare minimum.
The Gigabyte model has NV 850M GPU and also it sports a 1920x1080 FHD display resolution, so where is the problem,Saiyan if it sells below Rs.80K(cheaper than that of LENOVO Y50)???

Just assuming the value and never undermining LENOVO,so no offence taken.

Why not Laptop's from other manufacturers???
Look LENOVO may be your true loved brand,so no problem for anyone in that. You are a true LENOVO fanboy,no problem in that also. But why should people buy only LENOVO brands,when others are also present with their models???

Again I respect the choice + wish of people.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ I recommend Z50 with 840M to people who have 40-50k budget.

Buying a laptop with DDR3 850M for 70k isn't a wise decision.

I'm suggesting Y50 because its the only laptop with 860M under 80k. Other OEM's are just ripping off customers by offering 850M for anything >65k. Even the FHD Z50 with ULV i7 and 840M is overpriced. Now, I can't change how a company prices its products right? Its India where we will always get overpriced stuff and there is no point in buying an underpowered laptop for gaming.

Lets say OP buys the gigabyte laptop with GTX 850M for 60-70k while he can get a desktop assembled for 60k with GTX 960, which can completely destroy the 850M in gaming performance. Will he get good value of it? 850M can't handle recent and future games at FHD resolution. Will the OP be satisfied with that?

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

^ Your suggestions for an assembled Desktop-PC for GAMING is always laudable as all of us know,that no matter how much laptops have progressed,they can never match or beat a Desktop in gaming,where sky is the limit.
But satisfaction is a very subjective issue. You can never have satisfaction matching with another person until that person is very well known to you and is your true long friend or nearest/dearest one. Even in such cases, disagreements in choice of products follow surely.
Each and every human being has his/her own freedom of choice.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You know, forget about the Y50 which has a not so good screen. OP should get this through an acquaintance from USA:

XOTIC PC | FORCE 16GC (29-029) w/ 860M (MSI GE60 ApachePro Barebones)

Would cost 51k and comes with 860M. This is the laptop suitable for gaming and well within OP's budget.

MSI India sells almost similar config but with 840M for 67k :facepalm: (link: MSI GP60 2PE Leopard (424IN) Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (GP60 2PE Pro) Rs.67100 Price in India - Buy MSI GP60 2PE Leopard (424IN) Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (GP60 2PE Pro) Online - MSI : Flipkart. )

See the overpricing thing I was talking about?

kg11sgbg

Yes those are very good suggestions,undoudebtdly.
But the fact remains, has @OP got any acquaintance in US?
Brother comparing the MSI Notebook,but in terms of overpricing don't you think that the XOTIC PC if sold in India will cost similar or may be a little more than that of the other model?

We have to take into account the Customs duty + $ conversion rate + Taxes...which is always a severe load factor for us the Indians. Think about the Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com site,they have opened(perhaps) to India with Rs. valuation of their products. Just compare the price with the US$ and you know that the Indian pricing is always high compared to that of the US$. It is a bound on our neck dictated by terms of economy which we have to bear.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
The thing is i dont want a pc... Laptops can be roamed from one place to another without any hassle... and i travel a lot. So assembled pc is no option for me. I was looking on lenovo Y50 ( it has been advertised greatly on media's ) and i like it the thing is its a little bit expensive around 80k.

Just wanted to know it should not overheat while playing heavy games, thats what bothering me.

Also if there is other gaming laptops which will run atleast 3-4 years in high settings , please suggest me :)

$hadow

Geek in making
The thing is i dont want a pc... Laptops can be roamed from one place to another without any hassle... and i travel a lot. So assembled pc is no option for me. I was looking on lenovo Y50 ( it has been advertised greatly on media's ) and i like it the thing is its a little bit expensive around 80k.

Just wanted to know it should not overheat while playing heavy games, thats what bothering me.

Also if there is other gaming laptops which will run atleast 3-4 years in high settings , please suggest me :)

Nope. There is no gaming laptop which can run the games in high for a period as long as 4 years.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

If you think Y50 is expensive, get the FORCE 16GC (29-029) I suggested from an acquaintance in USA.

4 years is too much to ask. I'm worried that 960M may not be able to handle games 2-2.5 years from now.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
Na i cant get from USA ... also if any services or repairs required i cant get it quickly.

I am in keen interest for Y50 Lenovo [ Also Lenovo showroom below my building , so no tension of service and repairs ] .

The only prob that is bothering me is of overheating , that i get while playing games and shoudnt get lags while having 4-5 application opened.

Also Which Y50 model i should go for ....

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Na i cant get from USA ... also if any services or repairs required i cant get it quickly.

I am in keen interest for Y50 Lenovo [ Also Lenovo showroom below my building , so no tension of service and repairs ] .

The only prob that is bothering me is of overheating , that i get while playing games and shoudnt get lags while having 4-5 application opened.

Also Which Y50 model i should go for ....

The one with maxwell 4 gb 860M.

You have to sacrifice on the service part if you want a gaming laptop that cheap. For 51k, that's a steal.

Unless you are planning to run 2 or more games simultaneously, I don't see how it'll lag.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Na i will run 1 game only at a time.... that's my rule... :p

That 51k laptop is it available via flipkart ?

You seriously think that a VFM Xotic PC exclusive laptop would be available on Flipkart while its still unavailable on Amazon, ebay, aliexpress or newegg? :lol:
Don't rely on India if you want electronics at good price.

OP
Abhishekrocked

Abhishekrocked

Broken In
Also i am hearing y50 lenovo has a bad screen :shock: , just checked out via flipkart reviews .

I mean how bad it is ?? anyone here using y50 lenovo can give me some reviews about it ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am hearing this Xotic for the first time in my life , never heard of it yet... searched flipkart and other online stores bad luck . :(

Anyways i cant order it in usa , then customs charges and all. It would be better to buy little bit extra for service part. You never know when your laptop will hang or some prob. -_-

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Also i am hearing y50 lenovo has a bad screen :shock: , just checked out via flipkart reviews .

Didn't I pointed that out in post #7 above?

I mean how bad it is ?? anyone here using y50 lenovo can give me some reviews about it ?

Go to this thread:
*www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/182325-lenovo-y50-thread.html

I am hearing this Xotic for the first time in my life , never heard of it yet... searched flipkart and other online stores bad luck . :(

Xotic PC is a reseller like Flipkart. They're USA exclusive but ship worldwide. You'll waste time if you go searching for it in India. They have the best VFM laptops out there.

Akshay Biyani

Broken In
Cmon guys stop doing this. Even if fk increased y50 price doesn't mean it's 80k everywhere. Anyone can get y50 with 4gb gfx [MENTION=56127]max[/MENTION] 72k. Anyways the gigabyte seems awesome. Also I suggest Op to wait for y50 with 960m and ips display. Might launch under 80k within a month or two.

Top Bottom