gaming headphones

avtar2008

Broken In
I am looking to buy a new gaming headphones. Budget is 5k(+0.5k if required). I have read many review and find asus orion pro best in my budget. But it is not available in india at any online store.
1) so, please suggest where I can buy these headphones online. Or if someone know any shop at nehru place, please tell me, I will buy it from there.
2) any other good headphones in my budget.

Why I like orion pro:
1) have a in built sound card, so I don't need a dedicated sound card.
2) comfortable according to all review I have read and watch.
3) Good for music and gaming. It is best part for me, because I will be using them a lot for listening music.
4) 7.1 channel: I don't know It really have any visible effect,but sounds good and I want to try this feature.
5) positive reviews every where.
6) design and colour scheme is good.

Some other Review headphones I have read:
1) corsair vengeance 1500(some said it is not comfortable and punchy bass is not there)
2) Steel series siberia v2( lack 7.1 channel and lack comfort again)
3) razer megalodon( out of my budget)
4) razer electra and orca( didnt liked the bright green colour, so haven't gone any further to read any reviews)

OP
avtar2008

avtar2008

Broken In
it is been 4 months, since the launch of headphones in india. But it not available in india at any online store. I have checked flipkart.com,primeabgb.com,smcinternational.in,itwares,itdepot and junglee.com and caleed almost all dealers of nehru place,delhi. Only one said that it can arrange them,but he take around 4 weeks.

OP
avtar2008

avtar2008

Broken In
Thanks bro for helping. I read some reviews of Roccat kave.
Here is my impression:
1. Firstly, It was clearly mentioned that it doesn't have a in-built sound card. So, I have to purchase a sound card. In case of orion pro, It have a sound card, So I don't need a sound card now(in case I feel like it is required to have sound card to use full potential of orion pro, I can post pone it as in-built sound card will do the job for some time)
2. In some reviews, it is mentioned that its 3D positioning is not very accurate, especially, when sound is coming from behind.
3. All reviews rated its music( n movies) performance just okay. Mids were not good. I will be using them to listen music as well, so this matter me a lot.
4. It have a lots of connections, 5 in total. It won't be handy while listening music while travelling( you can imagine managing five wires while travelling in train, can be very tedious as compared to just one).

But, one thing I like about roccat kave is their in line controller. It gives complete control to customize the audio and channel outputs all at one place.

So, I think orion pro will be a better choice. I am not a very hardcore or professional gamer, but I want to purchase the best one in my budget. Thank you for your help.

And one point of time, I was also confused between CV 1500 and orion pro, but I like orion pro because of their design and colour scheme. Both have their own good and bad points,and seem like equal player.

gameranand

Living to Play
If you want a in-built sound card then Corsair 1500 is better option. I am using this headphone and it looks real classy with that aluminium finish. Also its really comfortable, I wear it all the times and never feels like I have to remove it to get my head clear, though its quite heavy and many reviews has pointed that out but you won't feel the weight on your head while wearing it. :)

OP
avtar2008

avtar2008

Broken In
Today, a person from shop "RateToRate" called and said orion pro will cost rs5900 and orion *around* rs4300, with rs100 shipping extra. So, I think buying orion + a sound card(about 2k - 2.5k) will be a better option.
What would you suggest,buy orion pro or standard orion model + a dedicated sound card(after a month).
@gameranand: I started considering CV 1500 again,after reading your last post. Only thing is, In future if I decide to add a sound card(which is most likely to happen) I wouldn't be able to use CV 1500 with it because of usb interface.

gameranand

Living to Play
I think you are confused. First decide what do you want. A Headphone with in-built sound card or a one that don't.
If you want one with in-built sound card then Corsair Vengeance 1500 is the way to go.
If you want one which don't have a in-built sound card then Roccat Kave is the way to go.

Top Bottom