Gaming Desktop configuration upto 35 k (urgent)

rohitjain

Right off the assembly line
Dear Forum Members,

This is my first thread on this forum. I am planning to purchase an assembled Desktop from a local vendor in Nasik, Maharashtra. Alternatively, i can buy individual components online and get them assembled from a local assembler.

I have an existing old HP A1518 PC with 1 gb of Ram and P4 Processor. The processor has malfunctioned and no longer works. I can use the old 1 TB HDD in the new desktop and therefore, do not plan any purchase of additional storage.

My problem with the earlier Desktop system was that the Motherboard lacked extra expansion ports (SATA / PCI/ RAM) which severly curtailed my upgrading options. I request you to please suggest a PC config with a Motherboard that would have extra ports considering future usage (should at least accomodate 2 TB HDDs simultenously)

My overall budget is 35 k with or without a monitor. I am primarily targetting good RAM (8gb) & a medium level Graphics card (can be optional) (I have a LCD TV but still would prefer a LCD monitor).

Below is the set of questions that one needs to answer before posting here:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming and watchinng HD movies is the primary target for assembling this desktop. I do not want to play all existing games at the highest specs (given my medium budget) but at least games released before 2-3 years in the market (Gears of war series etc. )

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35 thousand, However, if possible, please also suggest a config upto 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No plans to overclock

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or Windows 10 at max.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have a 1TB HDD and therefore, i do not plan to currently purchase any HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I wish to buy a Monitor. Considering the budget, would a 17 inch screen suffice the requirement (i am myself not sure about this). Any suggestion would be truly welcome

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I do not plan to buy a HDD, Mouse, Keyboard or other such sundry items

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As early as possible, within next 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I can buy components online and (even assemble) but would prefer it being done through an expert.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nasik. Depending on your suggestions, I will approach the Vendor.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have been off from gaming since last 4-5 years and therefore would want to play games begining from 2010 to present in optimum capacities

Please answer the above questions.

Regards

Rohit

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Pentium G3240 - 3750 (or i3 4150 - 8000)
Asus B85M G - 5700
Kingston DDR3 8GB - 2300
Antec BP300/Corsair VS350 - 2100
Generic cabinet - 1200
Dell 2015H - 5700
750 ti - 10500 (postpone the purchase of this, there may be a price cut in the near future)
Total - 31250 / 35500

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Hi sorry to interrupt in someone's thread but is GT3240 a good for gaming processor? Can it run gta 5 and watchdogs 1 at high settings if paired with gtx 730 2gb gddr5?also i am getting g3250 at around 4500

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hi sorry to interrupt in someone's thread but is GT3240 a good for gaming processor? Can it run gta 5 and watchdogs 1 at high settings if paired with gtx 730 2gb gddr5?also i am getting g3250 at around 4500

GT 730 isnt even a gaming card, its a glorified HTPC card..
The minimum you should aim for is a R7 250X (7-8k) but its much better if you go for a 750 ti..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i3 4150 -8000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -2700,
Antec VP450P -2300,
Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -9500,
Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -9000,
Antec GX200 Cabinet -3000.
TOTAL -40,000.

Considering you have a 1TB HDD, Keyboard, Mouse & Speakers you need to extend your budget by another 5k to get the best in terms of price to performance ratio. Thanks.

OP
R

rohitjain

Right off the assembly line
I sincerely appreciate the help that you have put forward in this. Thank you Nac and Sunil Reddy !!

Top Bottom