games loading problem

jones

Right off the assembly line
my pc configuration :
core i3 540
2x2 gb ddr3 ram transcend
xfx geforce gt240 512 mb ddr3
seagates 500 gd hdd
problem is that some games like fallout new vegas,COD black ops,modern warfare 2 hangs the system while loading
after trying 2 to 3 times when the games finally start they run smoothly
is it power supply problem,graphics card heating problem or what?
please suggest me a solution

masterkd

Padawan
welcome jones to TDF!!

what's your current psu??
are your OS and the games you mentioned legit and all updated to the latest??
what's your gpu's idle and load temp??

by the way, shouldn't it be in the gamerz thread!!

OP
J

jones

psu 400w
os (windows 7 ultimate 32bit) and games are genuine and are updated
gpu idle temp : 49c and load temp : 64c

masterkd

Padawan
psu of which make and model??

gpu temp is within limits and as games and os are genuine and updated..did you checked every game is fulfilling minimum requirements..if yes did you tried reinstalling..how much hdd space left on root drive

one more thing forgot to mention, all drivers are updated, right??

psu could be the culprit but can't say for sure..if you can, borrow some good psu like cx400 or fsp sagaII 350/400w or gigabyte superb 460w etc and check if works properly!!

venram87700

Learnin in progress
@jones the games ideally shudnt hang up your pc coz i play COD Modern Warfare 2
on my pc and its current config is
p4 3.0 ghz; 2x1gb DDR1 400 Fsb Ram; Nvidia GeForce 7100 GS 256 Mb gfx card;

the game runs smooth without any lag or problems check your display drivers faulty video drivers can also cause this issue and does it only hang when playing games or when you are doing some other things or using some other softwares as well and also what is your CPU usage in Task manager when you are finally able to run the game check that along with the PF usage to check how much ram is being used and how many processes are running too many process runnin in the back ground during startup can also slow down the PC and as masterkd said check with a diff psu if possible coz ur gfx card may need more power and it not getting that amount of power can also cause the same issue

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: What anti virus are you using? It is a possibility that your system resources are being consumed by malware, and so your PC does not have any resources left for your games.

OP
J

jones

i think i should try a different psu and yes what is the default memory usage of windows 7 is suppose to be in idle state and aeor enabled

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Jones: PSU never gives problem in games....
its is either Graphic Drivers problem or problem in GPU,RAM,HDD,Proccy

venram87700

Learnin in progress
hey jones check how many processes are running in the task manager processes tab if it is more than 60 check which ones are running with your user name under the user name option if you dont need some of them running during startup you can simply disable startup items from msconfig startup tab also go to sysinfo.org website to check the running process coz some of them may be possible spywares or virus exe's running in the background just type the process name in the startup textbox and it will give you all the necessary info along with the possible infected variations

OP
J

jones

installed updated drivers for my graphics card still having same problem and sometimes games hang after 15 to 20 of gameplay